Supply & Support Unit Manager
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 12/06/2023
Vacancy closing date: 18/06/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Supply & Support Unit Manager – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply & Support Unit Manager will be responsible for the overall supply chain management, the responsibilities include (not limited to) organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire supply cycle to enhance the logistics department’s development and ensure sustainability and satisfaction.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
This role focuses mainly on the following:
Strategy and Development:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
General and Task Management:
- Day to day follow-up on stock reports of the warehouses and ensure the accuracy of the weekly reports.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations in accordance with the logistics department’s internal policy.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
- identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement.
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high-performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value, and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess the ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report and identify any actions required.
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors.
Financial Budget and Control
- Hold responsibility for the unit budget.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
- Ensure goods are distributed appropriately to ensure the quality of goods during transportation.
Duties imposed on all employees
- Actively pursue the objectives of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Carry out any tasks and responsibilities related to the work that may be requested by his direct manager within the framework of humanitarian action.
- Degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, or a related field.
Required Work Experience:
· At least 2 – 5 years of work experience in a similar field.
· Preferably conversant in the work of the Red Cross/Red Crescent.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and manage competing priorities.
- Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation functions with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security.
- Must have problem-solving and communication skills with others.
· Ability to withstand working pressure even after normal working hours.
· Full knowledge in the field of computer use (Windows, Excel, Word, in addition to graphs).
· Must have the ability to change, improve, and deliver in a challenging environment.
· Preferably fully knowledgeable in the field of supply chain management.
- Ability to speak and understand English simply.