Logistics Admin Officer
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 19/06/2023
Vacancy closing date: 01/07/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Logistics Admin Officer – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The French Red Cross delegation supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent in the implementation of different projects. The Logistics Admin Officer is responsible for the office’s daily logistics and procurement duties. The officer works under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in collaboration with concerned colleagues and partners and is supported technically by the Logistic Coordinator and Admin Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for logistics and purchases of the delegation
- Support in procurement processes
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop all required procurement paperwork and documentation according to FRC & Donor rules for delegated purchases
- Responsible for the validation of the procurement requests and orders received from SARC and/or FRC as per FRC regulations
- Manage the relationship with various suppliers
- Ensure efficient follow-up related to the FRC and partners’ procurement files: to gather all the justification documents needed for internal control practices and alert the logistic manager when there are some challenges
- Manage and maintain procurement data and records for archiving (soft and hard copies) throughout the procurement process in compliance with FRC regulations
- Ensure and facilitate a smooth running of the office by supervising and maintaining operation needs
- Organize welcome packages and accommodation of delegates,
- Respond to team members’ inquiries related to office management
- Manage, follow up, and supply phone credits for staff
- Follow up on needs of consumables and equipment for office and guesthouses
- Follow up on inventory
- Maintain and update Logs Monthly reports
- Ensure the collection of the all-stock & transport management-related documents
- Scan supporting documents for all expenses allocated to the FRC projects
- Ensure the exchange of USD to SYP in coordination with the accounting department at SARC, when needed
- Manage the petit cash
- Classify and archive the monthly accountancy documents
- Prepare suppliers’ payments
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent vocational degree) in supply chain, logistics and procurement, business administration, or any related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in logistics & procurement management.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with humanitarian organizations is s plus.
- Good command of the English language.
- French is a plus.