The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 18/06/2023
Vacancy closing date: 26/07/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Logistics Officer – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborating and communicating closely with organization, stakeholders, and staff from partner national societies, the officer will:
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation.
- Ensure timely and compliant delivery of relief items to the distribution points.
- Cooperate and coordinate fully with the logistics team to ensure strong operational delivery to SARC plans.
- Support program teams to ensure that logistics are considered when planning and delivering programs with supplies and/or other logistics services and elements.
- Ensure appropriate records, paperwork, and archiving are maintained.
- Manage, maintain, regularly update and monitor assets and inventory as per procedure.
- Ensure SARC reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SARC logistics standards and regulations.
- Develop a logistics contingency plan articulating the different options to ensure that the established supply chain is maintained in coordination with other logistics units.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a similar field.
- Be available and willing to conduct short missions to ensure correct logistics programming.
- Carry out translations e.g. for contract documentation, as required.
- Produce regular update reports and statistics as required.
- Ensure compliance with BRC’s relevant procedures, SOPs, and procurement guidelines.
- Participate in relevant internal meetings, development forums, workshops, courses, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- A very good written and spoken Arabic, English, and the ability to produce reports in both languages.