The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 18/07/2023
Vacancy closing date: 26/07/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English which must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Grants Coordinator – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without a Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Prepare monthly brief updates on each partner/donor-supported activity.
- Support Grant Management & Partnership support manager in drafting proposals in collaboration with all concerned departments.
- Optimizing the grant administration process in coordination with IM & MEAL units to ensure the reporting requirements are adhered to, and that SARC provides timely and quality reporting to the donors & partners.
- Support the program for effective implementation
- Monitoring grants budget against program plans
- Collect necessary data for grants applications & proposals
- Prepare minutes of meetings for the meetings with partners if needed
- Prepare translation of the documents and reports if needed
- Provide support in organizing meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars
- Liaise closely with the communication unit to prepare presentations and graphic reports on supported activities as per partners/donors’ requirements
- Share information regularly with SARC departments to ensure that grant requirements are well understood and acted upon, and respond to queries in a timely and accurate manner
- Other relevant tasks required for the daily running of the Gm & PS Units on request by the GM & PS unit manager
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, English Literature, International Development, Public Health, Pharmacy, or another relevant field.
- 2 Years’ experience.
- Experience working with communities.
- Previous humanitarian experience with Red Cross Red Crescent, INGOs, or UN is preferred.
- Good understanding of project cycle management, including developing implementation plans, monitoring systems, and ensuring project activities are implemented to a high standard in a timely and professional manner.
- Understanding of international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- Excellent data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation, etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent SARC externally with different stakeholders; cultural sensitivity, and awareness.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner.
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is preferred.
- Willingness and aptitude for humanitarian fieldwork, and availability to travel at short notice to branches and governorates across SARC, including overnight stays when required.
- Strong level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ideally an understanding of data and database management.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English.