SARC HQ: Information Management
Technical Assessment Specialist
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 13/03/2023
Vacancy closing date: 19/03/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CVs in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected
To [email protected] E-mail,
Subject “IM Technical Assessment Specialist”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
IM Technical Assessment Specialist (based in SARC Head Quarter, Damascus, Syria)
The information management technical assessment specialist shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times. The role provides technical advice on data collection tools and processes to those teams that work with assessments.
This position is part of SARC HQ Information Management structure and reports directly to Information Management Manager.
Occasionally, the position may include travels inside and outside the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that SARC IM coordinators in the branches have the means and tools to carry out their responsibilities and are supported to provide timely and comprehensive data and information as expected by HQ and partners.
- In close collaboration with the data collection specialist, provide SARC programs and operations with suitable options for the development of mobile data collection tools and workflows.
- Work together with the data collection and analysis specialist to properly support SARC programs and operations in the development of solid information-sharing processes.
- Support the development and creation of technical written guidelines & support documents for assessments.
- Identify best practices with regards to assessment tools and methodologies from across SARC and the movement with coordination with MEAL Unit.
- Networks and coordinates with assessment specialists from different humanitarian organizations.
- Sound understanding and practical experience in supporting designing assessment exercises (quantitative & qualitative approaches, mobile device-based data collection)
- Proven analytical skills: ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions. Strong negotiation skills: ability to lead and gain assistance from others in a team endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to reach an agreement. Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a range of issues/ problems.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in ODK, word processing, spreadsheet applications, access, and relevant software packages, including e-mail.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations, articulate options concisely, convey maximum information, making and defending recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: sociology, psychology, economy, mathematics, statistics.
- At least 2 years in a relevant field of experience.
- Proven experience in different assessment types.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Experience in humanitarian program management.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Proven leadership and management skills and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks.
- Meticulous with details.
- Skills in monitoring and reporting both in Arabic and English. Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write and type effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Initiative, independence and sound judgment, maturity, and team spirit, service-oriented, problem-solving, and action-oriented, with excellent drafting, reporting, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information.
- Excellent with Internet search engines and responsible virus-free Internet usage
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team worker, strong integrity.
Proficiency in both oral and written English and Arabic.