The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 14/03/2023
Vacancy closing date: 25/03/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Software Developer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Software Developer (based in SARC Head Quarter Abu Remmaneh, Damascus, Syria).
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Software development of new features, including requirement analysis, architecture design, coding, unit test, function test, continuous integration, and verification
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams and technical experts.
- Install, develop, and customize current and new IT modules based on web-based and in–house developed applications using programming languages and Databases.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Coordinate and analyze all related to programs and department requirements regarding any new setting or modification that affect the operation of SARC systems or/and in-house developed systems.
- Making appropriate changes as per the requirement of the situation and SARC requirements.
- Ensure full control, optimization, tuning & support to the SARC systems with related to other attached systems.
- Evaluate end-user requirements and constraints to get a thorough understanding and be able to provide practical solution designs.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering (Specialization in Software Engineering) or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development and system analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in ASP.Net, C#.
- Experience with MSSQL.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of APIs such as RESTful.
- Outstanding all-around communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Very Good in English skills, oral and written.