The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of a public utility, is permanent and continuous, has a legal entity, and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date:29/10/2023
Vacancy closing date:07/11/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English only, and it must be a PDF File Only, otherwise, it will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “ WordPress developer – HQ
Based In Damascus – Abou Remaneh
Any resume without a Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A WordPress Developer is focused on research, design, troubleshooting, and implementing technical specifications for the SARC website based on organization requirements as indicated in the scope of work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Develop and implement link link-building strategy.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
Duties applicable to all staff
|1- Actively work towards the achievement of the SARC goals|
|2- Abide by and work by the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles|
|3- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager|
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years of working as a WordPress developer
- Experience working with a variety of WordPress plugins and themes
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-versed in WordPress templates and modification/customization to suit design requirements.
- Experience working with a variety of WordPress plugins and themes.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Excellent knowledge in #HTML, #CSS, #JS.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Knowledge SEO tools are a plus
- Knowledge of Linux basic commands is a plus.
Languages and IT Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with IT stakeholders and senior leadership