The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 06/06/2023
Vacancy closing date: 17/06/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “SARC Community Services – Technical Coordinator”. Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
- Document with clearly defined objectives a Plan of Action (PoA), training and implementation plan, reporting and monitoring and evaluation system
- Review and provide technical support in the development of project/program plans with community services and health department
- Provide technical support in the development of a SARC Community Services – health Programme plans with SARC management aligned with SARC strategic priorities (national level)
- Provide technical support in integration/mainstreaming PSS and Protection in SARC core sectors/departments (health, ))
- Capacity Building
- Review available resources
- Assist in developing session plans and/or specific teaching tools according to the training needs assessment (as required)
- Participate in development of a yearly training plan
- Ensure implementation of training plan
- Work with Community Services – health team – MEAL team to develop tools
- Follow-up on learning in the field
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor progress of – PSS- protection activities including regular field visits
- In collaboration with SARC Community Services reporting and PMER Officer, develop monitoring and evaluation plans and processes as well as data collection tools and key performance indicators
- Work with SARC Community Services – Health M & E Officer to develop and update program/project monitoring plans in line with SARC overall M&E strategy
- Technical support
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to health team
- Conduct monthly with health team
- Review reports and provide feedback to health team
- Support Branch in the region, to map services and develop referral SOPs with Technical Officers. Ratify these with SARC management
- Support Self-care and Peer-support activities in the respective regions
- Promote standardization and implementation of best practices ensuring standards follow IFRC, RCRC, IASC and SPHERE guidelines
- Mainstream Protection and Gender and Diversity standards within SARC.
- General Responsibilities
- Instrumental in the development and planning for the Community Services – PSS programme within SARC
- Provide timely updates on all components of the Community Services -PSS Programme to HQ
- Maintain strong working relationships with SARC partners e.g. PNS, UN agencies and I/NGOs in the region.
- Any other tasks assigned from SARC – HQ management, as required
- MA or MS in Psychology, or related discipline.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written).
- 3 years working experience in the field of psychology and psychosocial support.
- Understanding of psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries, staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of protection principles, interventions with persons at risk, including GBV survivors.
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers. .
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Committed to working as part of a team.
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organisation as staff or volunteer is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel).