The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of a public utility, is permanent and continuous, has a legal entity, and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 30/03/2022 / Vacancy closing date: 06/04/2022
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume which must be a Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected).
To [email protected] E-mail,
Subject “Technical Coordinator”.
Any resume without a subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ (Abu Remmaneh) with frequent field visits in the designated region
Purpose: To coordinate, provide technical support and ensure the quality of the Community
· Support the planning and implementation of assessments to determine the needs and capacities of the affected population
· Ensure appropriate interventions in PSS, protection, PGI (Protection Gender inclusion), education, and other services in SARC health facilities on assessed needs.
· Update needs assessments as required
· Conduct assessment of training needs
· Document with clearly defined objectives a Plan of Action (PoA), training and implementation plan, reporting and monitoring, and evaluation system
· Attended weakly and monthly meetings with the Branch health team
· Review and provide technical support in the development of project/program plans with community services and health team
· Provide technical support in the development of a SARC Community Services – PGI (Protection Gender inclusion), Programme plans with the community services manager
· Provide technical support in integration/mainstreaming PSS and Protection in SARC core sectors/departments (health, first responders, relief, communication, etc.)
3. Capacity Building
· Review available resources
· Assist in developing session plans and/or specific teaching tools according to the training needs assessment (as required)
· Participate in the development of a yearly training plan
· Ensure implementation of training plan
· Work with Community Services – MEAL((Monitoring and evaluation), health team to develop tools
· Follow-up on learning in the field
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
· Monitor progress of SARC Community Services and health team – PSS – protection -PGI (Protection Gender inclusion) , activities including regular field visits
· In collaboration with SARC Community Services reporting and PMER Officer, develop monitoring and evaluation plans and processes as well as data collection tools and key performance indicators
· Work with SARC Community Services and health, M & E (Monitoring and evaluation) Officer to develop and update program/project monitoring plans in line with SARC’s overall M&E strategy
5. Technical support
· Provide technical support, for health and community services
· Support Self-care and Peer-support activities in the respective regions
· Promote standardization and implementation of best practices ensuring standards follow IFRC, RCRC, IASC, and SPHERE guidelines
· Mainstream Protection and Gender and Diversity standards within SARC.
6. General Responsibilities
· Instrumental in the development and planning for the Community Services – PSS program within SARC
· Provide timely updates on all components of the Community Services -PSS Programme to HQ
· Participate in a yearly review of the Community Services – PGI (Protection Gender inclusion) component implemented by SARC
· Any other tasks assigned from SARC – HQ management, as required
· MA or MS in Psychology, or related discipline
· Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
· 3 years of working experience in the field of psychology and psychosocial support.
· Understanding of the psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries, staff, and volunteers
· Experience in protection principles, interventions with persons at risk, including GBV survivors
· Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers.
· Good communication and coordination skills
· Committed to working as part of a team
· Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organization as staff or volunteer is an asset.
· Project management experience is an asset
· Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.