Mental Health Project Coordinator
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 31/05/2023
Vacancy closing date: 10/06/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Mental Health Project Coordinator – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Develop an action plan for Mental Health Services and supervise its implementation and evaluation.
- Develop the annual plan for the proposed training to build the team’s capabilities and find the funders and trainers.
- Setting the annual budget for psychiatric clinics.
- Scientific supervision of team members and providing the necessary advice to manage difficult psychological cases.
- Follow up the team’s working hours and their hourly, sick, and administrative leave and unpaid, so that they do not conflict with the proper functioning of the service process.
- Supervising the coordination between the psychological team members in each clinic of the project.
- Periodic field visits to various clinics.
- Receiving reports and data from the project in various clinics.
- Choosing the staff working in the clinics after the approval of the director of the medical department.
- Approving the closure of cases or their transfer to other parties.
- Communication and coordination with the official authorities.
- Supervising or attending the team’s periodic meetings.
- Provide the necessary training to the team members according to the proposed needs.
- Supervising the proper functioning of the clinics and taking, the necessary measures to resolve disputes between team members, if any.
- Supervising the provision of pharmaceutical needs and medical aids according to the needs in clinics.
- Training SARC Doctors on the mhgap program.
- Provide a psychiatric opinion of the problematic cases the team members face and how to manage them.
- Degree in Medicine specializing as a Psychiatrist.
- License to practice the profession in Medicine and Psychiatry.
- At least two years of clinical experience
- Knowledge of Red Cross or Red Crescent national or international societies.
- Ability to identify new opportunities and exploit them to benefit SARC.
- He/she should have strong communication skills.
- Very Good written and spoken Arabic and English, with the ability to produce reports in both languages.
- Competent in Windows, MS Office programs, internet, and email.
- ICDL is required.