SARC-Homs Operational Update- August 2015
- First aid squads responded to 1000 cases.
- Qualifying more than 100 volunteers.
- 14718 people benefited from health services.
- Hygiene promotion team held summer club for Tal-Alshoor children.
- Relief teams deliver relief items to Mahin area.
- Ladies’ Committee continues improving livelihood projects.
- 76308 children benefited from the Child Friendly Spaces project.
- SARC-Homs relief teams provided 1782 IDP, who fled Al-Qaryateen and Hawareen, with relief aids.
- Through several stages of relief convoys, relief teams delivered food items to Mahin, in the eastern countryside,.
- According to registration records, more than 745000 people benefited from relief services in Homs since the beginning of the Syrian crisis.
- Through their daily missions in Homs countryside, relief teams continue registering and restoring data of displaced and affected families. More than 72000 families from 50 areas in Homs and its countryside benefited from relief aids.
- Registration team registered 937 families in the Disaster Management Center and restored data of 1603 families.
First Aid Operations:
- SARC- Homs branch the first aid squads responded to 1031 notifications, and managed to transport them to nearby hospitals to be treated. The cases varied as 40% women, 57% men, 3% children, and 20 cases from the outside of Homs.
- Three first aid courses were launched for 67 volunteers.
Health Relief and Primary Health Care
- SARC Homs clinics continue receiving patients for semi-free prices.
- SARC health beneficiaries exceeded 9462 patients in August as follows:
- 6870 patients in SARC Homs clinics, main center (AlGhouta), (4916 patients in the medical clinics and 1954 patients in the night dispensary).
- 1063 patients in the dispensary of AlZahra point.
- 778 patients in the dispensary of Akrama Point.
- 577 patients in the medical point of Alwadi sub-branch.
- 174 patients in the medical point of Al-Husin.
- 118 patients in the clinics of Al Waer point.
Health care team paid scheduled visits covering more areas in the countryside and provided needed treatment for residents there.
Health mobile units visited 16 areas in Homs and treated 3237 cases:
Gynecological clinic treated 468 cases.
Pediatric clinic treated 1142 cases.
Internal clinic treated 1627 cases.
The dentistry clinic in Al Waer treated 832 patients.
Health survey team registered medicine needs and carried out health survey for the patients in remote countryside and in sheltering centers.
The team visited 30 areas in Homs in August and distributed chronic medicines to 3372 beneficiaries.
Mobile Health Teams:
In co-operation with UNFPA, SARC-Homs health awareness team works on reproductive health project and deliver its services through five mobile teams in the city and the countryside as well as the clinics in Hasya and AlFurqlus areas.
4611 people benefited from free medical services, and 10629 people benefited from health educational service program.
- The sheltering team supervises 136 sheltering centers inhabited by more than 16650 people in Homs according to the last statistics.
The families, in the temporary sheltering centers, benefited from food and non-food items as well as the distribution of diapers.
- Supported by ICRC, the team provides 8 huge collective kitchens in Homs by 418 cooking gas cylinders to serve cooked meals for people in sheltering centers.
- In co-operation with the sheltering team, “Wash” project was conducted in 147 areas in the industrial city of Hasya. The second stage of this project is started to be implemented in Homs old city.
- The team also trained 21 volunteers of the disaster management committee on installing sheltering kit.
Hygiene Promotion Team:
SARC-Homs hygiene promotion team had its intervention in hotspot areas in Al-Waer sheltering centers; with beneficiaries total to 222 children and women.
The activities concentrated on issues of personal hygiene habits, hand washing, water purification and storing, lack of hygiene and infectious diseases and how to avoid them and the problems which the beneficiary faces.
Besides, the team held a summer club for 247 children of Tal-Alshoor school.
31 volunteers from SARC-Homs Al-Wadi sub branch attended Hygiene Promoters course.
3039 people benefited from different activities of the program.
Psycho-social Support Team:
1764 people received services from the psycho- social support.
12114 children benefited from the Child Friendly Spaces joint project with UNICEF. The total number of beneficiaries reached to 76308.
Water and Sanitation Team:
Supported by ICRC, water team continues the rehabilitating temporary shelters project in Homs and its countryside.
In August, through cooperation with ICRC, the team continues implementing the watering projects in the northern countryside of Homs.
The team continues trucking water in Homs and checks the amount of water provided to 6057 beneficiaries daily. The team also fills the tanks in Homs old city with drinking water.
In August, the team continues the second stage of waste disposal activities. 15000 people benefited from these activities.
[g_slider source=”media: 11228,11188,11182,11183,11136,11135,11131,10990,10920,10891,10681,10676,10668,10655,10287,10288,10284″ limit=”53″ link=”lightbox” height=”200″ mousewheel=”no”]