The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
“Finance and Administration Officer”
Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of a public utility, is permanent and continuous, has a legal entity, and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 6/03/2022 / Vacancy closing date: 13/03/2022
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected).
To [email protected] E-mail,
Subject “Finance and Administration Officer”.
Any resume without a subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus
The Finance and Administration Officer will be working with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) office in Syria reporting to the Finance and Administration Delegate.
The Finance and Administration Officer will work with the IFRC team to ensure that the finance and administration of the office are well organized and coordinated with applicable SARC departments, and IFRC’s Regional Office in Beirut.
S/he will also liaise with Partner National Societies (PNS) working with SARC to streamline travel and visa requests.
The post holder will have a high level of confidentiality, organization, teamwork, and a strong sense of responsibility.
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Cash Management:
o Administer the office petty cash under the supervision and guidance of the Finance and Administration Delegate;
o Monitor the level of cash and support program managers in preparing and sending their monthly cash forecasts to the Regional Office to ensure enough cash flow;
o Establish bank and cash reconciliations as required;
o Ensure all necessary payments are centralized and issued on time as per conditions negotiated with suppliers or operational requirements.
• Internal Control:
o Ensure all expenditure strictly abide by IFRC procedures and any deviation be approved by the relevant authority as required (head of Country Office, Regional Director or Secretary-General);
o Make a first control of the supporting documents provided by the National Society as part of their working advance acquittals.
o Ensure procurement processes provide enough segregation of duties and that potential issues are addressed with the Finance and Administration Delegate.
• Accounting and reporting:
o Ensure that all transactions are validated following the expenditure authorization policy and others.
o Ensure regular reporting on the level of cash, expenditure level, monitoring of working advances and follow up on their reporting, clearance, and replenishment when required.
o Support program managers in reporting on funds.
o Daily Data input into Coda in an accurate, efficient & timely manner.
o Prepare the monthly field returns files to be submitted to the Finance Analyst in accordance with the deadlines, ensuring the availability of all supporting documents, and inform line manager of any missing documents.
o Follow up & ensure clearance of working advances
o Inform Finance manager of any pending working advances which require his action to solve the issue.
o Process working advance payments as required, in the respect of IFRC policies and procedures.
o Assist in the timely production of documentation for audits.
• Provide efficient and timely administrative support to IFRC delegates.
• Responsible for all travel arrangements of the delegation staff (national and delegates).
• Ensure proper welcome arrangements for staff delegate visitors/consultants including pick up/drop from/at the airport in coordination with the fleet scheduling meetings and sharing of their ToR with relevant colleagues.
• Coordinate visa issues and another arrangement for traveling and visitors with International Department in SARC
• Maintenance of office inventory including IFRC items in delegate accommodation(s)
• Establish and maintain delegation standard filling system and back-up system.
• Ensure proper filing of all admin documents including registration of internal & external correspondence and other records.
• Assist delegation with writing memo’s, invitation letters, emails as well as translation of the documents related to financing and administration when needed
• Responsible for the arrangement of meetings/workshops and any gatherings scheduled by IFRC or instructed by management when needed
• Coordinating the logistic movement between Syria and Lebanon with IFRC’s Regional Office in Beirut.
• Reporting the weekly working modality/office presence and dependents list to IFRC’s Regional Office in Beirut.
• Reporting the weekly Expat Presence of IFRC / PNS to ICRC Syria.
• All other tasks requested by the Finance and Administration Delegate or the Head of Country Office.
Required skills and work experience:
– Relevant University Degree
– Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar role
– Previous work experience with the Red Cross movement
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Fluent spoken and written Arabic
– National Society Relations
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.