Title: Volunteer Development Coordinator
Reports to: MHPSS Manager (HQ)
Located: SARC HQ
Purpose of the Position
The Volunteer Development Coordinator will be based at SARC HQ
- S/he ensure PS volunteers have access to quality trainings relevant to their work
- S/he enhances self-care and psychosocial support mechanisms for PS volunteers
Develop a strategy for the Volunteer development divided to short, medium, and long term objectives. The strategy should include the following components:
- Capacity building and training
- Conduct assessment of training needs
- Review of available resources
- Develop on going training plan for the PS’s staff and volunteers according to the outcomes of the assessment
- Ensure the implementation and the training plan
- Develop TOR for the trainers
- Identify training resources
- Develop selection criteria for participants and follow-up with Branches
- Work with Branch PS Coordinators to identify any gaps in trainings
- Provide ongoing technical support to the trainers
- Work with the M & E officer to develop tools for evaluation of trainings
- Follow-up on learning in the field.
- Provide monthly plan and report to the MHPSS Manager (HQ) that reflects the work that has been done and a future plan with suggested recommendations on training needs to improve the quality of the implemented activities.
- According to the capacity building program, s/he should come up with an integration component and capacity building for other departments within SARC
- Volunteer Care
- Ensure that roles are well-defined and expectations realistic
- Work with supervisors at in the Community Centers and Mobile Teams to create an organizational culture where people can talk openly and share problems, and respect the principle of confidentiality.
- Ensure regular meetings are conducted that bring volunteers and staff together and foster a feeling of belonging to a team.
- Create a work culture where getting together after a critical event is the norm, e.g., a peer support system, buddy system
- Indentify gaps in peer support mechanisms in SARC
- Show appreciation for the work of volunteers and staff.
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation letter and CV in English to the following address:
Closing date: 21/09/2017
Post Title: VOLUNTEER CARE AND CAPACITY BUILDING COORDINATOR
Incomplete file or Application in other language than English will be rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.