System and Network Administrator Officer
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 18/09/2023
Vacancy closing date: 23/09/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “System and Network Administrator Officer – HQ”.
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Network and System administrator is responsible for the design, planning, operation, security, optimization, troubleshooting, and day-to-day management of the organization’s Network, Servers, Switches, network-connected devices, and all data communications for entities both inside and outside the SARC organization. This position involves substantial responsibility for the overall health, operations, and security of all computer networks and servers on SARC systems. It is the expectation that this position will be able to plan for and solve the most complex network and server issues that may face SARC. This position is generally held by someone with four or more years of experience as a Network and System administrator.
This position works closely with tier I (Help Desk) and tier II (Application Support Specialists) to give those positions assistance in fulfilling their respective responsibilities to keep all computer operations functioning in the SARC. Some of the duties of the Network and System Administrator include installing, configuring, and upgrading network infrastructure and associated devices, diagnosing, and troubleshooting both common and unusual network problems, performing preventive maintenance on the Network, along monitoring performance on both the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN). This position is also responsible for the installation, operations, upgrade, performance, and monitoring of the network and application servers – as well as security cameras and building security systems. The Network and System Administrator works fluidly across the major infrastructure elements of networking, security, storage, virtualization, and servers to deliver new availability, capacity, services, and safeguards.
- Proven experience in Server operations and automation on Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 OS Installation, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP configuration, Backup, Restore, Anti-virus, Storage (NAS, SAN), and Scripting.
- Good experience with virtualization technologies like VMWare, Hyper-V
- Proven Office 365, and Azure cloud administration experience.
- Network engineering LANs, Firewalls, Routers, Switches – Web managed and CLI – WAN analysis and troubleshooting.
- Server monitoring & capacity management, hardening of Security and vulnerability, patching.
- Wireless Networking installation and configuration experience.
- Experience working with corporate backup tools such as Veritas BackupExec, Veeam etc.
- Monitor network performance and optimize the Network for optimal speed and availability.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a System and Network Administrator or in a similar role.
- Solid experience with virtualization environments such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Solid understanding of standard Infrastructure technologies, in particular but not limited to: SAN, NAS, Backup, and High Availability techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex network issues.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Solid knowledge of Windows Server environment.
- Solid knowledge of Office365.
- Solid knowledge of MikroTik, Huawei, and other brands.
- Solid knowledge of routing and switching protocols.
- Experience with Network security technologies, such as NGFW, IDS/IPS, VPN, and anti-viruses.
- Familiarity with Network monitoring and management tools, such as Zabbix, PRTG, Nagios, or Wireshark.
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team.
- Manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment with deadlines.
- Certifications, such as CCNA, MCSA, MTCNA, VCTA/VCP, Azure, and Office365 are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with IT stakeholders and Senior leadership.