- Ladies’ Committee held a charitable Iftar (breakfast) in Ramadan.
- The local community provides supplementary meals during Ramadan.
- The children summer club, the most important intervention of the hygiene promotion team in Baba Amr area.
- SARC- Homs branch/ the Prosthetic Limbs Committee continues their activities and treat more affected people.
- Due to the bad circumstances, SARC-Homs first aid team responds to notifications from Al-Rayyan area.
- SARC-Homs the sheltering team coordinates the work of charities for AlIftar (breakfast) meals in Ramadan, and the returning families to Jurat AlShayah, benefited from the meals.
- Opening a physical therapy clinic to support the Health Solidarity Fund.
- The social violence education are the most important theme that SARC-Homs Health Awareness team provides to children in June.
- SARC- Homs the sheltering team provides people in Baba Amr area with Iftar meals.
- The bakery of Daer Baalba resumes work after being fixed by SARC-Homs water and sanitation team
- In cooperation with the United Nation Offices, 40 relief aid trucks reached hot-spots in June.
- 145680 people benefited from the collective kitchens through Iftar Saem meals in the sheltering centers.
- 133 volunteers joined the course of recreational activities held by the Child Friendly Spaces project.
- SARC-Homs hygiene promotion team provides activities to 12 sheltering centers in Al-Waer area in June.
- In June, SARC Homs relief team provided Al Mushrefa, Al Mokharram and Talbisah with (food and no food items).
- On 9th, 16th, and 30th of June, the three stages convoy reached Homs eastern countryside. 40 trucks, supported by UN offices, reached those areas.
- In addition, more than 745 thousand benefited from the relief services in Homs and its countryside according to the records of the registration and distribution. Relief teams continue registering and restoring data of the beneficiaries and affected families during their daily missions to the countryside that exceeded 40 areas, in addition to registering 1364 benefited families at the Disaster Management Center and restoring data of 2131 families in the countryside of Homs.
- SARC-Homs – relief teams provided 95000 families with relief aids in different areas of Homs in June.
First Aid Operations:
SARC- Homs branch the first aid squads responded to the notifications in June. They transported 922 cases; 43% female, 54% male, 3% dead bodies, and 28 cases from the outside of Homs, to be treated in Homs hospitals.
In addition, SARC- Homs branch the first aid squads responded to the notifications of Karm Al-Looz area due to shells and explosions. They transported 10 cases, some of them are serious.
Health Relief and Primary Health Care:
SARC Homs clinics continue receiving patients for semi-free prices.
SARC health beneficiaries exceeded 8223 patients in June as follows:
5822 patients in SARC Homs clinics, main center (AlGhouta), (4133 patients in the medical clinics and 1689 patients in the night dispensary).
1020 patients in of AlZahra point dispensary .
622 patients in Akrama Point dispensary.
525 patients in the medical point of Alwadi sub-branch.
102 patients in the clinics of Al Waer point.
Health Mobile Units:
Health care team continues its regular visits to reach more areas in the countryside and help patients there.
Health mobile units visited 22 areas in Homs in June and treated 4238 cases:
Gynecological clinic treated 646 cases.
Pediatric clinic treated 1479 cases.
Internal clinic treated 2113 cases.
The dentistry clinic in Al Waer treated 605 patients.
Health survey team registered medicine needs and carried out health survey for the patients in the far countryside or in the sheltering centers.
The team visited 30 areas in Homs in June and distributed chronic medicines to 3595 beneficiaries.
Mobile Health Teams:
Through a cooperation with UNFPA, SARC-Homs health awareness team continues its work of the reproductive health project to deliver its services through five mobile teams in the country and the countryside as well as the work of the stuff of the clinics in Hasya and AlFurqlus.
In June, health educational services concentrate on raising awareness about risks and other subjects of reproductive health. In addition, they concentrate on “social violence ”.
5199 people benefited from free medical services in June, and 10927 people benefited from health educational service program.
The sheltering team supervises 136 sheltering centers inhabited by more than 16650 people in Homs according to the last statistics in June. The families, in the temporary sheltering centers, benefited from food and non-food items as well as the distribution of diapers and elderly diapers.
Supported by ICRC, the team provides 8 huge collective kitchens in Homs by 411 cooking gas cylinders to serve cooked meals.
In order to complete the stage of upgrading shelter, the team supervised “wash” project in Hasya.
Supported by ICRC, the collective kitchens served 24280 meals of Iftar Saem in Ramadan, and supported by local community they provides supplementary meals (meat and vegetables).
Hygiene Promotion Team:
Regarding SARC-Homs hygiene promotion, the team activities concentrate on issues of personal hygiene behaviors, hand washing, water purification and storing, lack of hygiene and contagion diseases and how to avoid them and the problems which the beneficiary faces.
Furthermore, in June, 12 sheltering centers were assessed and organized in order of priority in Al Waer area
Besides, the team held the first child summer club for 243 children of Baba Amr or displaced families from Aleppo. 2912 people benefited from that in June.
Psycho-social Support Team:
2593 people benefited from the psycho- social support services in June.
62175 children benefited from the Child Friendly Spaces joint project with UNICEF. This project is for serving children through the centers and the mobile teams that held recreational and educational entertainments.
Water and Sanitation Team:
Supported by ICRC, the team continues the project of rehabilitating the temporary shelters in Homs and its countryside.
In June, through a cooperation with ICRC, the team continues implementing projects for drinking water in the northern countryside of Homs.
The team continues delivery of the drinking water in Homs and checks the amount of water provided to 6047 beneficiaries daily. The team also provides the people in old city of Homs with drinking water, filled in the reservoirs by water trucks.
In June, the team rehabilitated the bakery of Daer Baalba to resume its work after stopping. It also provides electrical generator, offered by ICRC.
The team provides a sheltering center in Ghazalah, in the eastern countryside, with health needs as a response to the last circumstances in the countryside of Palmyra.
The team provides solar system to the sheltering center, Bahithat Al Badiah, in Baba Amr as an alternative power to get hot water.
SARC-Homs water and sanitation team provided sheltering centers in Homs with 155 fire extinguishers as a completion to the sheltering plan of training beneficiaries on the proper use of fire extinguishers to provide protection.
Fixing electricity generators to water pumping stations in Alrrastan to provide 40000 people with drinking water, and removing waste in Al-Ghantoo, in the northern countryside. 15000 people benefited from that.
[g_slider source=”media: 10185,10171,10162,9827,9813,9736,9731,9708″ limit=”53″ link=”lightbox” height=”200″ mousewheel=”no”]