Mental health officer
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 27/11/2023
Vacancy closing date: 2/12/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject : Mental health officer
Based In Damascus – Abou Remmaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
- Follow up on the implementation of the action plan for mental health services, training, and the proposed budget.
- Periodic field visits to all mental health clinics
- Follow up the files of the beneficiaries to monitor any defect in the diagnosis, referral, and management and inform the mental health coordinator to take appropriate measures.
- Organizing vacations and the presence of team members to ensure the continuation of work optimally. and coordinate with the Mental Health Coordinator.
- Ensure that the staff in the mental health clinics understand the message of the department and the values of work in it through continuous awareness.
- Ensure the integration of psychological support services for vulnerable groups and survivors of violence within the services of the department, with the necessary training, technical support, and supervision.
- Adopting an appropriate system to receive and follow up cases referred from other parties and give feedback on the services provided to the referring parties
- Coordinate with case managers and social workers to ensure building a database for all other partners that may provide psychological, social, material, functional, religious, recreational, or any other source of support and establish communication in order to refer the beneficiary to them when necessary.
- Facilitate coordination between case managers, therapists, psychiatrists, speech and language rehabilitation specialists, and social workers in clinics.
- Ensure that case managers follow up on the beneficiaries after referring them to the psychiatrist, therapist, or any external service.
- Supervising the field and home visits of social workers according to the necessities of work.
- Perform any additional tasks requested from the mental health coordinator according to the necessities of work.
Required Certificates and Experience:
. University degree in psychology, or sociology
. At least two years of practical experience in administrative procedures
. Know the standards of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent and work to apply them
. ICDL Certificate in Computer