The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 10/01/2023
Vacancy closing date: 17/01/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “IT Technical Support Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
IT Technical Support Officer (based in SARC Head Quarter, Damascus, Syria)
Tech support workers manage, maintain, & repair IT systems. Their responsibilities include diagnosing & repairing faults, resolving network issues, & installing & configuring hardware & software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, modify and repair personal computer (hardware and software), and provide technical assistance and training to user’s system by performing the following duties:
- Install and assist personnel in installation of hardware and peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on user’s premises.
- Load specified software packages.
- Enter commands and ensure system healthy.
- Respond to personnel inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses hardware and software problems.
- Response to end user requests for troubleshooting hardware, software, network problems according to ticketing system queue.
- Replacing or repairing the necessary parts.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment.
- Attend in-person meetings with personnel to analyse, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems.
- Maintain a working log detailed all required system updates, as well as the date of completion.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
Education and Training
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in technical knowledge of an organization products and services.
Knowledge and Skills
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through help desk software, in addition to other remote access desktop programs.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients.
Languages and IT Skills
- Very Good in English skills, oral and written.