CVA Reporting Officer
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous,and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date:19/10/2023
Vacancy closing date :28/10/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV in English only, and must be PDF File Only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject ” CVA Reporting Officer”
Based In Damascus – Abou Remaneh
Any resume without Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|The Cash Voucher Assistance (CVA) reporting officer that shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times
The CVA Reporting Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing reports, administrative support and managing the CVA programme queries. Main duties include preparing regular reports, managing paperwork, and organizing the programme’s records to ensure the general and administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required.
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports
- Work closely with Information Management staff, where applicable, to develop and maintain a comprehensive database that consolidates all individual project databases, to keep track of the CVA programme activities, and ensure accurate and effective data presentation and graphics, and to provide monthly updates on the status of each CVA project.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the coordination meetings
- Draft and check reports
- Draft narrative reports on contributions, in compliance with specific donor requirements
- Draft regular daily, weekly, and monthly update
- Participate in the annual reporting and planning process.
- Prepare reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donors; Assist in providing visibility for donors
- Provide technical assistance on relevant data collection for the CVA team at HQ and branch level.
- Provide weekly reports to the CVA Coordinator based on the CVA branch’s update reports.
- Support the CVA coordinator in the bi-weekly crosschecking of the presented financial expenses versus the reported filed activities, to manage any possible oversights before the monthly reporting deadlines.
- Support the CVA coordinator in duties related to logistics and administration, including purchase requests, logistical arrangements for field visits and training, plus providing monthly reports on these duties
- Compile and submit regular project progress updates
- Support the Movement CVA Delegate through Arabic-English translation/interpretation, plus support in any other administrative, organizational, and routine activities as required.
- Systemise a filing system for important and confidential documents.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Coordinate and Schedule CVA training as per the POA.
- Contributes to the preparation of various outputs, e.g. background briefs, talking points; oral and written presentations, and reports, to the CVA coordinator.
Other relevant activities related to CVA upon requirement and delegate from the CVA coordinator
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the SARC goals
- 2. Abide by and work by the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities that the line manager may assign
Education and Training
|· University degree in economics, Social science, or a related field.|
|· Experience in writing reports (monthly, semi-annual, annual, and project reports).|
|· Experience of successful administrative support in humanitarian responses that include cash assistance with all relevant stakeholders, preferably within the RC/RC Movement.|
|· Significant experience in logistical and administrative support on training, field visits, or arranging meetings and events.|
|· Demonstrated experience in archiving documentation, updating relevant files (inventories, database, etc.), translating documents, and drafting different required documents for the success of the CVA Program.|
|· Experience in handling confidential and sensitive material is required.|
|· Work experience in research or information management.|
|· Previous experience of working with SARC (desirable).|
|· Ability and willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasion.
Knowledge and Skills
|· Proven skills in writing reports (weekly, monthly, and project reports).|
|· Proven skills in managing pay-outs to staff/volunteers.|
|· Proven analytical and program skills to maintain updated documents (assets inventories, contracts, database, resources, etc).|
|· Upholds the fundamental principles and acts with integrity, by the Society’s values (inclusive, compassionate, courageous, and dynamic).|
|· Proven skills in taking minutes and drafting minutes of meetings.|
|· Excellent writing skills to draft required documents to support the CVA Program.
Languages and IT Skills
|· Excellent English language skills and the ability to communicate and translate Arabic-English/English-Arabic basic documentation related to the CVA Program.|
|· Able to learn SARC processes to perform duties as per the Standard Operating Procedures or processes established by the NS.|