The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, has a legal entity, and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
AP Accountant (Based in SARC Headquarters – Abou Remmaneh).
Vacancy opening date: 15/11/2023
Vacancy closing date: 25/11/2023
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated Resume in English and must be PDF File only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “A.P Accountant”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Purpose of employment:
The AP Accountant receives and reviews supporting documents related to payables; processes payable accounting transactions and conducts the timely generation of payable balances of SARC. The AP Accountant also ensures financial security through proper maintenance of all accounting files and records by following internal and international accounting controls and regulations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement payable accounting policies and procedures properly within the domain of duties.
- Receive payable invoice transaction information from suppliers and other relevant parties and validate that the invoices match the Purchase Order and Delivery Note details.
- Liaise with internal departments to obtain supporting documents for processing payments to vendors and service providers.
- Review incoming invoices and vendor statements for accuracy and identification of discrepancies.
- Check invoices orders and offers signed by authorized personnel to ensure compliance with the organization’s payment, purchasing, and budget spending policy.
- Process received invoices in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring proper recording and bookkeeping based on accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare cheques for payment as requested and monitor uncollected cheques.
- Monitor pending approvals and aging invoices.
- Validate the supporting documents/invoices to process the cash expense transactions.
- Review and approve the Petty Cash Replenishment Sheet for proper finalizing of cash expense transactions.
- Prepare payroll journal and post transaction after securing the proper approval based on the authority matrix.
- Implement adequate controls in all Accounts Payables operations and system procedures.
- Monitor and analyze all account payables processes and recommend improvements.
- University Degree in Accountant, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in humanitarian organization.
- At least 2 years of experiences.
- Very good spoken and written: Arabic and English
PS: The Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any transportation for Employees.