Medical Logistics Officer
Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 28-06-2018
Vacancy closing date: 12-07-2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
to firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: “Medical Logistics Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job title: Medical Logistics Officer.
Based in: Syria Country Office, Medical Qudsayah Warehouse.
Duty station for this position is SARC Medical Warehouse in Qudsayah, SARC has the role of the Movement lead agency for operational field response and coordination among Movement partners.
This role is based in Qudsayah operating in harmony with SARC logistics infrastructure, supporting Medical warehouse operations in addition to assisting the SARC Warehouse manager on the implementation of the Logistic standards and to oversee the daily Medical warehouse jobs. Besides monitors and track the pipeline for the incoming shipments and ensures proper handling, receiving and report goods received in timely manner. Furthermore, works side by side with the SARC Medical Logistics Officer in headquarter and assist Warehouse Manager. This role is in charge for maintaining the Medical inventory in the warehouse, issuing the Good Received note and Waybills and updating the Bid cards and report to Medical Logistics Officer in SARC headquarter.
Reporting to: Medical Logistics Officer.
An uprising that started in March 2011 has developed into a full-scale armed conflict across the country. The humanitarian situation is one of the worst in modern times. While the entire country has been affected, it is estimated that at least half the population is in direct need of assistance. The absence of protection for the population has raised severe concerns. Through its volunteers, SARC is the main responder to the needs of the people affected by the conflict. The IFRC in Syria is assisting SARC in its humanitarian response through its Emergency Appeal MDRSY003: Syria: Complex Emergency. S
The SARC headquarter emergency response department is looking for an Pharmacist with strong commitment to RCRC principles and with previous experience in working in humanitarian organization.
Pharmacist will support central medical warehouse operations that are managed by SARC and provide technical support on the reception of drugs/medical equipment, inspection and quality control, physical management of stock, dispatch arrangement to cater for distribution and oversee the manual processing of inventory control.
Details on reporting lines: Management reporting line to SARC Medical Logistics Officer in SARC headquarter.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the field medical warehouse operations quality (consumptions, orders & inventory, expire dates, etc.) in collaboration with the Medical logistic officer and health program coordinators in Headquarter.
- Execute the dispatch requisitions about drugs consumables and medical materials according to the Field needs, in line with Syrian medical standards, and in close collaboration with medical and logistic department in SARC headquarter.
- Maintains warehousing, receiving and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating with SARC Medical department in the Headquarter.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- As and when required support SARC to plan, organize and maintain any stores/warehouses containing medical/pharma stock, to Federation standards, providing timely stock reports for different stakeholders when required/requested by Logistic officer SARC HQ.
- Maintain accurate stock records and controls at all times.
- To support quality insurance procedures and insure implementation of all Medical Warehouse SOPs
- To support and help Medical Logistics Officer with medical distribution plans, loading plans and approvals for movements of the goods when needed.
- To perform other duties as maybe assigned by Medical Logistics Officer SARC headquarter.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the SARC goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy.
- Preferred to have certification in Inventory Control Management.
- Preferred to have certification or training in Medical Logistics.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Pharmacy.
- Preferred to have 1 year of experience in medical warehouse operations.
- Good written and spoken Arabic, English, and ability to produce reports in both languages.
- Preferred to have experience in contracting and administration.
- Well knowledgeable of SARC Logistics standards, policies, procedures and tools.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus, etc.).