The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
Veterinarian Officer (Damascus – HQ with frequent travel around Syria)
Vacancy opening date: 08/11/2021
Vacancy closing date: 14/11/2021
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV’s in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To [email protected] E-mail,
Subject “Veterinarian Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Project Title: Veterinarian Officer
- Objective: To ensure the effective and efficient project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Veterinarian Officer will supervise and will provide technical support to the livestock projects implemented in SARC Branches.
- Reporting to:
- The Veterinarian Officer reports to the SARC Livelihoods Manager and the Livelihoods Coordinator
- The Veterinarian officer will be tasked by the Livelihoods Coordinator and by the Movement Livelihoods Delegate if needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the assessment for the implementation of the livestock projects together with SARC Branches.
- Conducts the health assessments for livestock projects in the different Governorates prior to the implementation (mainly identify the potential sicknesses to treat in the different governorates according to the livestock projects).
- Identify the adapted treatments when needed in cooperation with the VETs at field level.
- Supports the Livelihoods Teams at Branch level in finalizing the budget of the veterinary treatments/vaccines for the whole duration of the project and on a monthly basis.
- Ensures the follow up of the stock of medicines and vaccines.
- Participate to the preparation of awareness messages to be delivered to the beneficiaries during the awareness campaign (leaflets, awareness raising materials etc)
- Keeps a written follow-up of beneficiary and treatments administered in the different Governorates
- Participate in developing questionnaires for baselines, monitoring, end lines, etc to formalizing data collection into the database
- To support in the procurement of the livestock items, and other materials required for animal production.
- To provide technical support to the beneficiaries as required (awareness sessions, technical follow up, etc).
- Support and coach the volunteers in SARC Branches in livestock intervention
- Monitor the livestock activities in the different Governorates
- Facilitate relations between SARC and the relevant stakeholders in the realization of livestock projects objectives.
- Provide Arabic-English translation/interpretation support to the Movement Livelihoods Delegate, and other administrative, organisational and bureaucratic support as required by the Livelihoods Coordinator.
Required skills and work experience:
- Must hold) Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine( with minimum two years of work experience in the field of veterinary, or (Veterinary Institute) with four years of work experience in the field of veterinary.
- Not less than 3 years experience in the humanitarian work
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure
- Filing of documents, maintenance of database and creation of reports according to Livelihoods Coordinator
- Ability to speak and write well in both English and Arabic
- Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of livelihoods concepts and programming
- Strong level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ideally an understanding of data and database management
- Strong presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to beneficiaries
- Ability to provide Arabic-English translation and interpretation services as requested
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is preferred
- Willingness and aptitude for humanitarian field work, and availability to travel at short notice to branches and governorates across SARC, including overnight stays when required.