Technical Coordinator – COMMUNITY SERVICES
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy Opening Date: 15/04/2021
Vacancy Closing Date: 25/04/2021
Interested candidates should send their updated CV’s in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected.
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Technical Coordinator – COMMUNITY SERVICES”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reports to: SARC Community Services – Manager
Location: SARC HQ Abu Rummaneh with frequent field visit in designated region
Purpose: To coordinate, provide technical support and ensure quality of Community
- Support the planning and implementation of assessments to determine the needs and capacities of the affected population
- Ensure appropriate interventions in PSS, protection, PGI (Protection Gender inclusion), education and other services in SARC health facilities on assessed needs.
- Update needs assessments as required
- Conduct assessment of training needs
- Document with clearly defined objectives a Plan of Action (PoA), training and implementation plan, reporting and monitoring and evaluation system
- Attended weekly and monthly meetings with Branch health team
- Review and provide technical support in the development of project/program plans with community services and health team
- Provide technical support in the development of a SARC Community Services – PGI (Protection Gender inclusion) , Programme plans with community services manager
- Provide technical support in integration/mainstreaming PSS and Protection in SARC core sectors/departments (health, first responders, relief, communication etc.)
- Capacity Building
- Review available resources
- Assist in developing session plans and/or specific teaching tools according to the training needs assessment (as required)
- Participate in development of a yearly training plan
- Ensure implementation of training plan
- Work with Community Services – MEAL((Monitoring and evaluation), health team to develop tools
- Follow-up on learning in the field
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor progress of SARC Community Services and health team – PSS – protection -PGI (Protection Gender inclusion) , activities including regular field visits
- In collaboration with SARC Community Services reporting and PMER Officer, develop monitoring and evaluation plans and processes as well as data collection tools and key performance indicators
- Work with SARC Community Services and health, M & E (Monitoring and evaluation) Officer to develop and update program/project monitoring plans in line with SARC overall M&E strategy
- Technical support
- Provide technical support, for health and community services
- Support Self-care and Peer-support activities in the respective regions
- Promote standardization and implementation of best practices ensuring standards follow IFRC, RCRC, IASC and SPHERE guidelines
- Mainstream Protection and Gender and Diversity standards within SARC.
- General Responsibilities
- Instrumental in the development and planning for the Community Services – PSS programme within SARC
- Provide timely updates on all components of the Community Services -PSS Programme to HQ
- Participate in a yearly review of the Community Services – PGI (Protection Gender inclusion) component implemented by SARC
- Any other tasks assigned from SARC – HQ management, as required
- Degree in Psychology, or related discipline.
- 3 years working experience in the field of psychology and psychosocial support.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Understanding of psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries, staff and volunteers
- Experience of protection principles, interventions with persons at risk, including GBV survivors
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organization as staff or volunteer is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.