JOB DESCRIPTION: BRANCH MEAL Coordinator
SARC MEAL Objectives
Support the design and implementation of solid programs, by contributing to developing and rolling out appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools, and accountability mechanisms for beneficiaries. Working closely with Branch Development (BD) and Information Management (IM) Coordinators towards a well-coordinated and systematic approach to data collecting and analysis adapted to SARC’s operational context, and a systematic approach towards knowledge management.
In addition, MEAL aims to promote a common understanding of MEAL concepts in SARC headquarters and branches and work closely with the technical units in identifying the elements for the establishment of one standard MEAL system. This will be achieved through developing and mainstreaming systems and processes, including routine data collection and quantitative and qualitative analysis, to ensure the effective and participatory use of MEAL processes adapted for the SARC context.
The Branch MEAL Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Branch Manager with technical support from the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager at HQ.
With the technical support of the SARC Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager, the Branch MEAL Coordinator will contribute to the implementation of MEAL activities at the branch level through supporting program staff and volunteers in data collection, consolidation, and quality management and undertake MEAL related activities and implementation of an appropriate MEAL system at branch level for successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives.
The Branch MEAL Coordinator will work with program counterparts to strengthen MEAL activities, in particular, how and what indicator information is collected and aggregated, and support the design of program log frames, development of program indicators, production of MEAL plans and assure quality reporting related to programs including monthly updates for internal and external circulation.
As appropriate, the Branch MEAL Coordinator will also work with Programme and Branch Development counterparts to strengthen CEA activities, in particular beneficiary involvement and participation in program activities, information sharing with beneficiaries, and ensure the establishment of standard complaints and feedback mechanisms.
The Branch MEAL Coordinator will be the focal point for the branch MEAL activities workstream and will work closely with the BD, IM, and program teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of the MEAL plan
- Coordinate the collection, reporting, and validation of monitoring data of program teams and ensure the data reported by program teams and volunteers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Support program teams in producing monitoring checklists and conduct regular and joint field monitoring, quality assessments, and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement of programs.
- Support program teams in designing and regularly updating project log frames, indicators, MEAL Plans, guidelines, and MEAL tools and ensure that all program staff and volunteers have access and capacity to use the tools.
- Support or prepare an analysis of monitoring reports to ensure they are evidence-based, user-friendly, and accessible to program staff and volunteers to inform decision-making.
- Ensure utilization by all programmes of appropriate data collection and standard reporting templates that facilitate the collection of disaggregated data.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of SARC interventions.
- Update the MEAL Manager and Branch Manager on weekly achievements and challenges encountered.
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a standard data cleaning and validation process.
Support in Mainstreaming CEA across programs
- Support program staff and volunteers in ensuring that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all projects and MEAL activities.
- Support program teams in establishing standard complaints and feedback mechanisms in each project based on the highest levels of integrity which beneficiaries will trust and ensures that they can make confidential complaints and be confident of the response processes.
- Support program teams in monitoring complaints received and response (follow-up) processes through developing and maintaining a tracking mechanism that ensures that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed, and responded to timely in line with movement CEA guidelines.
- Analyze patterns and trends in complaints to help improve programming and generate periodic reports and share with program teams.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to ensure that accountability systems are in place and the necessary support is provided as needed.
Project Cycle Management
- Provide technical assistance to program staff and volunteers that ensure that the MEAL and CEA processes are integrated throughout the project cycle (design, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation) across all programs
- Build the capacity to implement programs staff and volunteers in MEAL processes and mainstream and strengthen CEA practices into programming.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on the use of the MEAL tools and guidelines including survey sampling, development and piloting of MEAL tools, conducting of assessments, and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including PDM, KAP, and baseline surveys.
- Degree or diploma in Social Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, or a numerical discipline.
- At least two years or similar experience in an NGO, humanitarian, or development sector
- Experience in supporting organizational data collection and analysis mechanisms
- Experience in drafting and editing public documents
Knowledge and skills
- Good analytical and writing skills/very good team spirit/demonstrated a willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity-building activities.
- Knowledge of MS office software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and a basic understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools and principles, including experience with logical frameworks
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a results-focused manner
- Excellent relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Good command of Arabic and English
Competencies and values
- Program management & reporting
- Information management
- Resource management
- and Collaboration teamwork
- Judgment and decision making
- Personal resilience