The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
Maintenance Officer – In Shabaa (Airport Road)
Vacancy opening date: 07/07/2021
Vacancy closing date: 17/07/2021
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Maintenance Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Professional education or technical diploma or equivalent
- 3 years work experience as electrician, plumber, carpenter, mason, etc.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Team leadership skills
- Standard function description:
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs of equipment and infrastructure
- Organizes and supervises activities for other skilled workers and maintenance related employees (up to 10 employees)
- Deals with suppliers and other external interlocutors
- Performs administrative activities on computer and works independently
- Checks invoices related to premises
- Establishes inventories
- JOB DESCRIPTION for maintenance responsible (MPRC)
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- GENERAL ACTIVITIES
- Is responsible for the overall maintenance of the MPRC structures
- Ensure that electricity and water is available at all time
- Ensure the maintenance of the workshop machineries according to the standard procedures and in relation with the workshop manager.
- Work Shop / Physio
- Modification of wheel chairs according to the need of the patient
- Repairing of old wheel chairs of patient
- Responsible for modification of equipment in Physio department on request (gait training area, parallel bars, wall bars etc)
- Fabrication and CP aid Planning
- Ensures that procedures related to generators are correctly implemented and respected
- Collaborates with car pool staff regarding maintenance of the generator
- Installation of generators
- Maintain Log books of generators.
- Recording daily fuel consumption and temperature of fuel tank.
- All Internal request purchase except fresh food
- Creating retro-active RO’s
- Making selection tables for purchase when needed
- Taking working advance and follow the finance rules
- Purchase all other RO’s except food, stationary and cleaning material.
- All purchase will be under supervision of Admin MPRC and Log Muz if required
- Driving ICRC vehicles
- Additional Duties
- Proposes improvements within the Premises/Maintenance Department
- Responsible for all modifications and new installation in MPRC (electrical, water work )
- Prepares BoQ,s according to the small projects inside MPRC.
- Improvement in the tools of work shop according to the need of workshop staff
- Coordinates with for technical purchase
- Supervise the gardening work
- Responsible for gas and fuel stock in MPRC
- External Relations
- Construction / Sub-contracted maintenance
- Ensure good relation with the contractor that built MPRC.
- Ensure contacts with various contractors for sub-contracted maintenance in MPRC.
- Supervises any work done by a contractor within MPRC structures.
- Office activities
- Keep the fuel and gas consumption sheet correctly update and send to carpool regularly
- Write and regularly update the yearly maintenance plan.
- Report to the management on due time any problem related to the building or to any workshop machineries
- Coordinate with the MPRC admin for daily worker involve in maintenance work.
- Access to internet.
- Staff management
- Is responsible for the management of the maintenance team.
- Ensure that at all time, the maintenance work can be done.
- Office/Team supervision
- Makes the appraisals for the team.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant working atmosphere with colleagues and superiors.
- Participates in internal meeting.
- Support to Delegation
- Upon request and when possible, assists the sub-delegation by doing some technical work.
- Collaborates if any Wat/Hab expatriate
- Code of CONDUCT
- In addition to ICRC’s code of conduct:
- must uphold the dignity and honour of the P&O profession, accept its disciplines and expose without hesitation unethical and incompetent conduct
- at all times a professional interactions with patients and colleagues
- General Duties
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Applies the security rules at all times.
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC.
- Is aware of activities of other departments and maintains regular contacts.
- To promote the hygiene towards their working environment.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary