Data Warehousing Specialist
Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Damascus
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organization’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
Data Warehousing Specialist (based in SARC Headquarters).
Vacancy opening date: 29/03/2021
Vacancy closing date: 03/04/2021
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Data Warehousing Specialist”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The data warehousing specialist shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times.
This position is part of SARC HQ Information Management structure and reports directly to Information Management Manager ,in additional to coordinate with IT Unit Manager regarding any duties that related with Software development.
Occasionally, the position may include travels inside and outside the country.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that SARC Information Management coordinators in the branches have the means and tools to carry out their responsibilities and are supported to provide timely and comprehensive data and information as expected by HQ and partners.
- Generate and maintain SARC HQ IM Database.
- Collaborate with Data collection specialist for timely and comprehensive data collection as expected by HQ and partners.
- Meticulously follow the information flows related to SARC beneficiaries, distributions of relief items, warehouses stock movements, emergency and basic health, water and sanitation, and protection; and record data available.
- Support SARC PPSU department in the development of needed MEAL databases and related workflows.
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Software development of new features, including requirement analysis, architecture design, coding, unit test, function test, continuous integration and verification
- Install, develop and customize new IT modules based on web-based applications or desktop application using programming languages and Databases.
- Coordinate and analyze all related to programs and departments requirements regarding any new setting or modification that affect the operation of SARC systems or/and in-house development systems.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work closely with Software developers in IM and IT Unit.
Required skills and work experience:
- Proven analytical skills: ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions. Strong negotiation skills: ability to lead and gain assistance of others in a team endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to reach agreement. Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a range of issues/ problems.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum information, making and defending recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering or any related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in database management and software development (SARC experience is a plus).
- Proficient with PHP , Laravel
- Knowledge in SQL Server, MySQL.
- Experience with quickbook reports tools.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Proven leadership and management skills and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks.
- Meticulous with details.
- Skills in monitoring and reporting both in Arabic and English. Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write and type effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English and Arabic.
- Initiative, independence and sound judgment, maturity and team spirit, service-oriented, problem solving and action-oriented, with excellent drafting, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information.
- Excellent with Internet search engines and responsible virus-free Internet usage
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, strong integrity.
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.