The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit:
Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of a public utility, is permanent and continuous, has a legal entity, and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 6/03/2022 / Vacancy closing date: 13/03/2022
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected).
To [email protected] E-mail,
Subject “Content writer-creator”.
Any resume without a Subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus
• Experience as a Content Writer and digital platforms content editing.
• Archive published articles and all the written produced materials.
• Experience doing research using multiple sources
• Familiarity with web WordPress
• Excellent writing and editing skills in Arabic
• skills in English
• Produce well-researched content for publication online and in printing materials.
• Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
• Communicate and cooperate with an AV team and a writing team a content editor, and web publishers
• Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the team to ensure timely delivery of materials
• Develop related content for digital platforms Facebook Instagram Twitter Telegram LinkedIn YouTube…), website and videos.
• Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
• Plan and execute various SEO tasks Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results Research and analyze top SEO content topics
• QC content to ensure it is free of grammatical or factual errors and follows all brand editorial guidelines for consistency.
• Research and write long-form content on various relevant topics and press releases
• Prepare reports on a project performance
• Write humanitarian stories
• Prepare the media monitoring report on a daily basis
• News writing and editing (services, responses, visits of delegations…)
• Photos, videos, and stories captions and descriptions
• Content Design writing
• Field visits and missions to create content and required tasks (collecting information, conducting interviews, humanitarian stories)
• Content gathering
• Prepare the official statement for the president
• Checking the written content of any content
• Participate in developing ideas for media and digital campaigns
• Capacity building for the branches editors
• Check any written materials received from the branches and follow up with editors on a daily basis
• Any other work related to written content and content requested by the Head of communication
Bachelor’s degree in Media, English Literature, Communication, Marketing, Journalism or related field
Familiarity with web publication techniques
Familiarity with branding tools, MS Office or Google Suite
Good understanding of the latest branding trends and techniques, especially SEO
Willingness to multitask and take new initiatives
Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
Strict adherence to the style guides of the organization and their policies for editing
Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Familiarity with our services
Work full- and part-time hours during flexible shifts, including weekends and evenings, depending on when the response events are scheduled to take place.
Online availability after working hours
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.