Job Description – Vocational Training Officer
Project Title: SARC Livelihoods Programming
Objective: Timely and effective implementation of vocational training activities with training suppliers:
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional relationships with target communities
- Ensure daily vocational training activities follow proper implementation
- Liaise on a daily basis with the training suppliers if need
- Assist the Centre Coordinator in liaising with other Organizations on the ground and in meetings when related to vocational training
- The Vocational Training Officer reports to the Livelihoods Coordinator
- The Vocational Training Officer will be tasked by the Livelihoods Coordinator and by the Movement Livelihoods Delegate as required
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support in gathering information on the local context, target communities and employers to assist SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres, in selecting market-oriented vocational training courses that match the needs of employers and services needed in the different governorates.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to organize and deliver vocational training activities, in full compliance with SARC standard operating procedures.
- Assist the SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres in preparing vocational training activity plans, in consultation with the training providers when needed
- Support SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres in the organization of meetings, FGDs and information sessions with vocational training beneficiaries when required
- Supervise the implementation of the vocational training courses in the SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres and with external providers.
- Support SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres in identifying opportunities for income generation business for the trainees. Research opportunities to support trainees to follow self-employment activities that are flexible and meet individual and geographical needs by supporting them in developing business plan.
- Develop the curricula for business plan development to support SARC Branches and SARC Community Centres in supporting trainees to develop their business plan.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders implementing vocational training course to establish synergies and avoid duplications in the different Governorates
- Collect case studies and success stories
Required skills and work experience:
- Educated to university undergraduate degree level, in Social Science, Economics or related field
- Experience in community mobilization and participatory decision making highly preferred and valued
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Strong presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to a target audience
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner
- Ability to provide Arabic-English translation and interpretation services as requested
- Good time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in a team
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Previous exposure to international humanitarian standards including the Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct and Fundamental Principles, and understanding of the importance of accountability to beneficiaries is an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation letter and CV in English to the following address:
Closing date: 04/07/2017
Address: Shakib Arslan Street, Abu Rummaneh, Damascus- Syria.
Post Title: Vocational Training Officer
Incomplete file or Application in other language than English will be rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.