Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy Opening Date: 28/10/2020
Vacancy Closing Date: 07/11/2020
Interested candidates should send their updated CV’s in English and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Software Engineer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus Abu Remmaneh.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Software development of new features, including requirement analysis, architecture design, coding, unit test, function test, continuous integration and verification
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams and technical experts
- Developing new web-based applications and desktop applications.
- Customize the current IT systems and in-house developed applications.
- Install, develop and customize new IT modules based on web-based applications or desktop application using programming languages and Databases.
- Coordinate and analyze all related to programs and departments requirements regarding any new setting or modification that affect the operation of SARC systems or/and in-house development systems.
- Address all the aspects associated with Business enablement applications and solve the related problems and bugs.
- Making appropriate changes as per the requirement of the situation and SARC requirements.
- Ensure full control, optimization, tuning & support to the SARC systems with related to other attached systems.
- Evaluate end-user requirements and constraints to get a thorough understanding and be able to provide practical solution designs.
- Coordinate with all internal employees to resolve service problems.
- Provide technical support and training on Business Applications and Modules.
- Software Developing: New features, reports, modules, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to varied roles, job responsibilities, and problem-solving skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering (Specialization
in Software Engineering).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software development and system analysis.
- Proficient with OOP and Microsoft .NET framework using C#.
- Knowledge in SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Very Good in English skills, oral and written.
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.