The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 2/Oct2018
Vacancy closing date: 13/Oct/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “SARC German Red Cross Project Coordinator ”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
SARC German Red Cross Project Coordinator
Based in Damascus with frequent travel around Syria.
Purpose of employment:
Since the beginning of 2012, the German Red Cross (GRC) is actively involved in the operation in Syria working closely with SARC, mainly in relief (esp. food and WASH items) and logistic support (esp. running of warehouses, SARC fleet, equipment). Recently, GRC started supporting longer term recovery projects in livelihood and rehabilitation of SARC infrastructure.
GRC is currently present in country with two delegates based in Damascus to coordinate the GRC support to SARC. Besides, the operation is supported technically as well from the Regional Office in Beirut, particularly in finance and logistics as well as with a dedicated Syria Crisis Assistant supporting mainly reporting and administrative matters. However, with multiple donors and increased funding opportunities, there is the demand for improved and more detailed reporting, assessments and follow-up of GRC supported activities to ensure accountability and transparency in order to secure continued donor support in the future.
The main duty of the Project Coordinator is to regularly compile structured information necessary for adequate monitoring, implementation and reporting of current GRC supported programmes, as well as for the development of future programmes. This also includes being able to rapidly collect information related to constantly evolving humanitarian situation in-country that will enable GRC to efficiently respond to new requests from SARC.
The Project Coordinator will act in close collaboration and coordination with corresponding SARC management and sector departments, the GRC delegates and, where appropriate, the involved SARC branches and sub-branches. On request, the Project Coordinator will liaison with other relevant stakeholders to support the implementation of GRC supported programmes.
Specific Duties, Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Compile data for narrative quarterly reports based on funding source/donor.
- Regular follow-ups with SARC Logistics and Procurement Department on GRC request and activities
- Regular follow-up with SARC IM and other departments to prepare monthly brief updates on GRC supported activities in Arabic and English for SARC management, partners and GRC internal use.
- Contribute to collect and provide data for the planning of new activities for the preparation of new proposals.
- Organise and keep the GRC office filing system up to date.
- Liaise closely with the SARC press department to prepare presentations and graphic reports on GRC supported activities based on donor requirements.
- Organise and follow up on necessary authorisations, visa, hotel bookings, various permits for GRC activities and visitors and field visit requests, delegates resident permits that need to be processed through SARC management, including keeping the SARC management informed on GRC plans, activities and visits.
- Translate documents and reports between Arabic & English and English & Arabic.
- Other relevant tasks required for the daily running of the GRC office in Syria on request by the GRC Project Manager
Required profile, qualifications and skills:
- University degree in business administration ,Master in business is a pluse Fluent
- English and Arabic language for oral and written communication, German is a pluse.
- Experience in humanitarian work and cooperation, preferably in SARC.
- Experience in project management and reporting.
- Experience in data management
- Ability to deal with complex tasks and tight schedules, sometimes also outside regular working hours.
- Structured working capacity.
- Good computer knowledge as user.
- Good communication skills, towards the team as well as towards management and other stakeholders.
- Open, honest, dedicated and committed to working as part of a team.