ERP Project Coordinator
|Employer:||Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) Headquarters|
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, it is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organization’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the Seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Posting date: – June 03, 2018
Closing date: – June 20, 2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Programme Coordinator”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A Project Coordinator is required, based at SARC Headquarters, to directly manage the successful delivery, implementation and rollout of an Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, its related activities and required trainings.
The position is to ensure the effective and efficient project planning, implementation, rollout of an ERP system at Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) including oversee the on the job training for the system users. The ERP Project Coordinator will manage the project and work with the vendor in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
The job holder will manage the ERP project as per directions of the business owner at SARC with coordination with the system supplier. The Project Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate with SARC business units to ensure suitable resources are dedicated to the implementation of ERP Project, and to follow up related matters, under the guidance of SARC management team.
The project coordinator will be the focal point of this project, he/she should coordinate with respective SARC departments (especially Financial, HR, Procurement, Fleet, Logistics) to facilitate the required SARC internal processes that will support the timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Follow up enterprise resource planning project (ERP); system implementation and integration.
- Coordinate between ERP system supplier & SARC departments.
- Report on progress and milestones as set -up in the implementation plan.
- Develop the workflow process for the new system with the policies and procedures before a pilot run
- Follow-up on needed training for the ERP system & employees on the system.
- Periodic reporting on progress to SARC Management.
- Coordinate, manage and ensure coherence of all work-related activities, and with various departments regarding to the implementation of the ERP system.
- Support and facilitate appropriate and relevant training and capacity building of SARC staff involved in using the ERP system.
- Coordinate and contribute reporting, including minutes of meetings, monthly updates on ERP Project activities, and other reporting as required.
- Work with the system supplier to ensure the training of trainer manual is developed and the TOT are trained
- Coordinate the data migration with the relevant SARC departments involved in the change.
- Coordinate the system go live dates with the responsible teams.
- Monitor and report any system bugs after going live.
- Coordinate with the vendor on the development of the bulk data upload template
- Plan all local trainings for system rollout to the pilot branches.
- Ensure that the vendor provides a step by step training manual both in English and Arabic
- Will oversee any other duties relevant for effective system rollout and training needs.
Required skills and work experience:
- Degree in information technology or information management is required with a good understanding of data and database management.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in major IT/Telecom company. Experience managing IT/ERP implementation projects will be an added advantage.
- Project Management Professional certification, Prince 2 certificate is preferable.
- Fluently speak and write in both English and Arabic.
- Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of projects concepts and programming.
- Good understanding of project cycle management.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent SARC externally with different stakeholders; cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Strong presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to a target audience.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Previous experience conducting training is desirable
- Previous experience working in the Red Cross Movement or humanitarian sector is an added advantage.