Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 15/05/2018
Vacancy closing date: 26/05/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Regional Branch Coordinator SARC Community Services”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reports to: SARC Community Services – Manager
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus with frequent field visit in designated region
Purpose: To coordinate, provide technical support and ensure quality of Community
- Support the planning and implementation of assessments to determine the needs and capacities of the affected population
- Ensure appropriate interventions in PSS, education and other services in SARC Community Centres and Outreach Teams based on assessed needs.
- Update needs assessments as required
- Conduct assessment of training needs
- Document with clearly defined objectives a Plan of Action (PoA), training and implementation plan, reporting and monitoring and evaluation system
- Facilitate monthly activity planning meetings with Branch PS Coordinators
- Review and provide technical support in the development of project/program plans with PS Branch Coordinators (regional level)
- Provide technical support in the development of a SARC Community Services -PSS Programme plans with SARC management aligned with SARC strategic priorities (national level)
- Provide technical support in integration/mainstreaming PSS and Protection in SARC core sectors/departments (health, first responders, relief, communication etc.)
- Capacity Building
- Review available resources
- Assist in developing session plans and/or specific teaching tools according to the training needs assessment (as required)
- Participate in development of a yearly training plan
- Ensure implementation of training plan
- Develop ToR for trainers
- Develop selection criteria for participants and follow-up with Branches
- Work with Community Services – PMER Officer to develop tools
- Follow-up on learning in the field
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor progress of SARC Community Services – PSS activities including regular field visits
- In collaboration with SARC Community Services reporting and PMER Officer, develop monitoring and evaluation plans and processes as well as data collection tools and key performance indicators
- Work with SARC Community Services – PSS M & E Officer to develop and update program/project monitoring plans in line with SARC overall M&E strategy
- Technical support
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to technical staff & volunteers in the region
- Conduct monthly Skype meetings/field trips on Branch level
- Conduct periodical meetings (2/year) on a regional level (technical officers & Branch Community Services Coordinators)
- Support reporting officer at HQ in collating quarterly, yearly narrative reports from Centre Coordinators and Team Leaders
- Support reporting officer at HQ level reports in Arabic for National Society
- Review reports and provide feedback to Community Services/PSS Branch Coordinators
- Support Branch in the region, to map services and develop referral SOPs with Technical Officers. Ratify these with SARC management
- Conduct yearly evaluation of Technical staff and volunteers (Case managers, supervisors & CS-PSS Branch Coordinators)
- Provide technical support and follow-up to PMER Officer
- Support Self-care and Peer-support activities in the respective regions
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to the Community Services – PSS Reporting Officers (if applicable)
- Participate in recruitment process for PS staff and volunteers
- Promote standardization and implementation of best practices ensuring standards follow IFRC, RCRC, IASC and SPHERE guidelines
- Mainstream Protection and Gender and Diversity standards within SARC.
- General Responsibilities
- Instrumental in the development and planning for the Community Services – PSS programme within SARC
- Provide timely updates on all components of the Community Services -PSS Programme to HQ
- Participate in a yearly review of the Community Services – PSS Programme implemented by SARC
- Maintain strong working relationships with SARC partners e.g. PNS, UN agencies and I/NGOs in the region.
- Any other tasks assigned from SARC – HQ management, as required
- MA or MS in Psychology, or related discipline
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- 3 years working experience in the field of psychology and psychosocial support.
- Understanding of psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries, staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of protection principles, interventions with persons at risk, including GBV survivors
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers. .
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organisation as staff or volunteer is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)