Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Applications open from: 22/1/2017
Closing date: 15/3/2017
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to email their motivation letter and CV in English only to the email address with the subject used (SARC COMMUNITY SERVICES COORDINATOR) by 15/3/2017 at least
Fax: +963 113 327 695
Address: Shakib Arslan Street, Abu Rummaneh, Damascus
Please name your Email as the job title
SARC COMMUNITY SERVICES COORDINATOR
To coordinate, provide technical support and ensure quality of Community Services and PSS interventions implemented by SARC and its direct partners.
To coordinate with all Community Services and PS partners working under SARC umbrella.
Ensure appropriate interventions in PSS, education and other community services based on assessed needs
- Develop and monitor SARC Community Services in cooperation with SARC departments and branches.
- Ensure SARC interventions follow international standards, inspired by IFRC and other movement resources
- Mainstream Protection and Gender and Diversity standards within SARC.
- Represent SARC in the Cluster meetings (e.g. Protection, Child Protection, GBV and MHPSS sub-clusters)
- Develop PS strategic direction for SARC
- Promote standardization and implementation of best practices ensuring standards follow IFRC, RCRC, IASC and SPHERE guidelines
- Be familiar and updated with exiting IFRC psychosocial materials and other relevant PS materials. Adapt relevant materials to the Syrian context as required.
- Coordinate with all technical staff at HQ and in the Branches
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to the projects coordinators at HQ
- Ensure progress of projects, and review milestones and indicators
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to the Technical Officers in the Community Centres and in the mobile teams.
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to the M&E and Caring for volunteers’ officer.
- Participate in development of yearly training plan
- Assist in developing session plans and/or specific teaching tools according to the training needs assessment (as required)
- Conduct trainings (as required)
- Review mechanisms for peer support as a support of Caring for volunteers’ officer.
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow-up to the PS Reporting Officers
- Ensure timely reporting and data (qualitative and quantitative) are collected and at HQ level report in Arabic for National Society and in English for Partners.
- Conduct support meetings in the Branches with volunteers
- Yearly evaluation of technical persons
- Participate in recruitment process for PS staff and volunteers
- Develop SOPs with technical PS persons in SARC. Ratify these with SARC management
Instrumental in the development and planning for the Community Services programme within SARC
- Provide timely updates on all components of the Programme
- Review monthly and yearly activity plans.
- Participate in a yearly review of the Community Services implemented by SARC
- Attend coordination meetings/working groups and update partners on Community Services implemented by SARC. Attend Movement Coordination meetings.
- Support SARC Branches based on identified needs
- Collate reports on Community Services intervention and produce a yearly report for SARC
- Maintain effective working relationships with SARC partners e.g. PNS, UN agencies and I/NGOs.
- Any other tasks assigned from SARC – HQ management, as required
- MA or MS in Psychology, or related discipline
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- 3 years working experience in the field of psychology and psychosocial support.
- Understanding of psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries, staff and volunteers
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organisation as staff or volunteer.
- Knowledge of minimum standards and intervention in protection (included Child Protection and Gender Based Violence)
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)