Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Applications open from: 20 September 2016
Closing date: 27 September 2016.
Your CV should be sent to SARC Headquarters by 27 September 2016 at the latest.
Fax: +963 113 327 695
Address: Shakib Arslan Street, Abu Rummaneh, Damascus
The Reporting Officer shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times.
This position is part of SARC HQ structure and reports directly to SARC management.
Occasionally, the position may include travels inside and outside the country.
- Ensure that SARC Reporting focal points in the branches have the means and tools to carry out their responsibilities and are supported to provide timely and comprehensive data collected as expected by HQ and partners.
- Meticulously follow the information flows related to SARC beneficiaries, distributions of relief items, warehouses stock movements emergency and basic health, water and sanitation, and protection; and record data available in close cooperation with SARC Management.
- Processing and analyzing all the data and convert it into graphs and visuals.
- Prepare presentations for SARC-related conferences along with maps and data as needed.
- Ensure documentation is properly managed and maintained.
- Prepare reports for SARC management.
- Relevant university degree.
- Familiar with SARC – preferably having served as a SARC volunteer.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Meticulous with details.
- Skills in monitoring and reporting both in Arabic and English. Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of working with different database tools and data visualization tools.
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, strong integrity.
- 3-5 years of experience in disaster management, emergency reporting or logistics
- Experience of working for Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Experience setting up, managing and coordinating disaster management information systems.