The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966, which regulate the Organization’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Reporting Officer (Risk Education Project)
(Based in SARC Head Quarter Abu Remaneh, Damascus, Syria)
Vacancy opening date: 29/06/2020
Vacancy closing date: 06/07/2020
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV’s in English (must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected.
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject Reporting Officer (Risk Education Project).
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
Reporting Officer will:
- Be responsible of the management of the needs assessment database;
- Be responsible for the management and development of the casualty database at SARC HQ and any deployments in other locations. Ensure the database is secure and backed up;
- Be responsible for the management and development of the mine/ERW accident database;
- Be responsible for the management and development of the database for risk education reporting;
- Liaise with SARC HQ Risk Education Coordinators and SARC Branches Risk Education Coordinators;
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control of the reports incoming from the field;
- Be responsible for producing databases user manual;
- Be responsible for training of SARC Risk Education Teams in populating the databases;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports on casualties, accidents, needs assessment and risk education;
- Develop data analysis templates, reports and standards, including geographic analysis of casualty/accidents patterns, needs assessment and risk education interventions;
- Support efforts to improve data collection and quality control;
- Ensure that standard reports are available including Simple Line Listing Reports [showing line listings of casualty information], Frequency or Univariable Reports [showing frequencies of certain pieces of data, such as location of the accident, age groups, gender, explosive types, risk behaviors, area types of the accidents, and fatality outcome of the accident and injury types], Tables or Multivariable Reports [showing 2×2 and other tables, such as device by outcome, by gender, by device by age, activity by device and activity by age by device], Casualty Rate Reports [containing different rates of casualty data such as overall casualty rate, by sex, by age groups, by amputation, by death, and by most affected accident area], Administrative Reports [displaying line listing information such as when the data was entered, by whom, by who interviewed the casualties or verified the data, etc., Graph Reports [displaying a bar graph of the past month or year for a time comparison of data;
- Apply recognized international, national and regional standards related to mine action information management;
- Coordinate mine action information management activities as required by the SARC management
- Prepare and present presentations on mine action information management activities as required.
- Work closely with ICRC information management specialists.
- Be responsible for other information management duties as given by the SARC.
- Proven analytical skills: ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions. Strong negotiation skills: ability to lead and gain assistance of others in a team endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to reach agreement. Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a range of issues/ problems.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, access, and relevant software packages, including e-mail.
- Mobile device based data collection technology.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum information, making and defending recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant university degree including Social science, Business administration, any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience with SARC, disaster management, or emergency reporting.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Experience setting up, managing and coordinating disaster management information flow.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Proven strong report writing and drafting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks
- Meticulous with details.
- Skills in monitoring and reporting both in Arabic and English. Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write and type effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Initiative, independence and sound judgment, maturity and team spirit, service-oriented, problem solving and action- oriented, with excellent drafting, reporting and communications skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with e-mail programmers (MS Outlook), Internet search engines and responsible virus-free Internet usage
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, strong integrity.
Fluent in both oral and written English and Arabic.
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.