Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Psychosocial Project Coordinator SARC HQ
Position title: Project Coordinator
Report to: Psychosocial Coordinator
Based in: SARC HQ in Damascus with visits to SARC branches
Purpose: To support SARC Psychosocial Support Programmes
Applications open from: 16/05/2017
Closing date: 21/05/2017
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to email their motivation letter and CV in English only to the email address with the subject used (Psychosocial Project Coordinator) by 21/05/2017 at least
The tasks should include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Support SARC HQ and branches in establishing, developing and implementing psychosocial activities through counselling centres
- Provide technical support, supervision and monitoring to SARC branches, staff and volunteers in the field of PSP
- Identify training needs amongst staff and volunteers and provide training, which will enhance their performance and provide them with additional skills in PSP related topics and community-based approaches
- Ensure the active involvement of local communities in the programme design, planning and implementation
- Promote standardisation and good practise in psychosocial support
- Assist in preparing and implementing project proposals, work plans, assessments, evaluations and reviews of PSP activities
- Establish effective working relationships with SARC PSP partners e.g. PNS, UN agencies and NGOs.
- Sustain and further develop appropriate networks for collecting information; co-ordinate activities and identify areas of collaboration with relevant NGOs and UN agencies in order to promote high-quality and complementary psychosocial support programmes.
- Identify community and government resources and seek to integrate psychosocial support programmes with existing local structures and capacities.
- Coordinate promotional activities, which will enhance the knowledge of the public providing the community information regarding SARC PSP activities, the mandate of SARC and the RC principles
Duties related to the PNS supported PSS programmes:
- Ensure implementation of programme plans, policies, procedures, goals and objectives according to the programme document using all available human and material resources
- Ensure procurement and financial implementation is in accordance with SARC financial and administrative procedures as well as approved budget
- Provide regular and timely narrative and financial progress reports in accordance to the implementation plans (monthly, annual). Revise work plans and budgets quarterly
- Manage collected data of beneficiaries. Develop and analyse statistics in accordance to programme indicators and reporting needs
- Facilitate development of monitoring tools including impact indicators. Contribute to monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to Counselling centres to support and monitor activities (expected 5-10 visits monthly)
- Knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Bachelor or master degree in Psychology or Social Sciences
- 1-2 years working experience in the field of psychology/psychosocial support
- Proven ability to teach in the field of PSP and/or community-based approaches
- Experience with programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the psychological impact of conflicts/disasters on beneficiaries
- Experience with actively involving local communities in programme implementation
- Experience in team building, volunteer and staff support
- Experience of working as staff or volunteer for the Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organisation
- Fluent in Arabic and English, verbal and written
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Excel, Word)