Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Applications open from: 16/05/2017
Closing date: 21/05/2017
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to email their motivation letter and CV in English only to the email address with the subject used (PSP Administrative Coordinator) by 21/05/2017 at least
|Position:||SARC PSP Administrative Coordinator for Danish Red Cross supported PSS projects|
|Employer:||Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) Headquarters with Danish Red Cross (DanCross) support|
|Reports to:||Disciplinary: Project Coordinator
Technically: DanCross PSS delegate
|Overall responsibility:||Administrative support for DanCross and movement supported programmes and projects|
|Duty station:||Damascus with regular visits to the field|
Purpose: Danish Red Cross has been working in Syria since 2006 supporting SARC in their humanitarian activities, where the operation has been growing enormously since the outbreak of the Syrian crisis.
Additional to the original long-term psychosocial programme that has shifted its focus from targeting mainly Iraqi refugees to the Syrian population, DanCross is now working with SARC in the fields of basic health care service, psycho social support, support to SARC’s operational structure on HQ, branch and sub-branch level, supporting transport needs and providing relief items.
With multiple donors and increased funding there is a demand for improved and more detailed reporting, assessment and follow-up to ensure accountability and transparency to secure continues donor support in the future.
Tasks: The tasks should include but not necessarily be limited to:
Support to the PSP department
- Prepare and manage contracts for staff and volunteers at HQ and in the Community Centres and Mobile Teams etc. including leave, holiday and warnings according to SARC procedures
- Provide logistical and administrative support in planning and conduction of trainings, meetings, regional visits, field trips etc., including correspondence by email or fax to branches, hotel bookings, travel arrangements, material procurement etc.
- Participate in trainings when required
- Manage database of registered beneficiaries. Collect data from community centres, and compile of statistics for reports, etc.
- Focal point with Concord for any changes or questions from the field. Authorize changes in Concord once agreed with the Community Services-PS Unit Coordinator
- Verify that data from the field is aligned with Concord reports. Validate correct data.
- Produce summary reports in English of monthly reports from centres, monthly reports to SARC, training reports, statistical documents, memos and any other relevant documents. Provide translation for non-Arabic speakers during field visits, trainings etc. as required
- Support the PSP Project Coordinator and PSP Finance Administrator in translation, preparation of memos, and communication to the Community centres, volunteers etc. as required
- Undertake regular field trips to the social centres to monitor and support Community Centre Coordinators in administrative procedures.
- Ensure office supplies are replenished and/or purchase as required. Maintain office equipment in Community Centre/Mobile Teams and ensure regular service checks and repairs
- Maintain filing system for the Community Services Unit
- Maintain fixed asset lists for Community centres/Mobile Teams
- Support the procurement process for PSP when required
- Report promptly on any administrative irregularities encountered to the PSP project coordinator and the DRC PSP delegate.
- Any other task relevant to the projects as assigned by the PSP Project Coordinator and/or the DRC PSP delegate.
Terms of employment:
- Employment is full time according to SARC guidelines
- Salary scale, gratuities, leave, etc., are according to the SARC guidelines for the level.
- Knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Bachelor or master degree in Administration or related field
- 1-2 years working experience in the field of administration
- Proven fluency and ability to translate verbally and written English-Arabic and Arabic-English
- Experience with working with Excel and Access
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Excel, Word)