Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Closing date: 31/03/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references) to email@example.com, email subject: “Projects Officer in INGOs Department ”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.
Job title: Projects Officer in INGOs Department.
Based in: SARC- HQ Damascus
Reporting to: Head of INGOs Department
About Syrian Arab Red Crescent
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, and it’s permanent and continuous, and it has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent was founded in 1942 according to the decree No/540/ 1942 and the decree No/117/ 1966 that regulating the Organization’s work.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent has been recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, SARC is committed to Geneva Conventions and the seven basic principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
SARC has a headquarters in Damascus and fourteen branches in the fourteen governorates of Syria, and 75 of sub branches.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Assist partner INGOs in implementation of project operation manuals, environmental and social safeguards instruments
- Assist stakeholders to conduct baseline surveys related to M&E framework.
- Assist in planning and programming for capacity building needs related to project activities for SARC staff.
- Technically assist and build capacities of SARC Technical departments to perform tasks related to project components efficiently and effectively
- Facilitate and Coordinate various activities among project staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Make field visits to project sites as per the requirement of the project
- Assist Technical departments and INGOs in preparation of progress reports (quarterly, annual, final) and respond to the queries related to project
- Assist the Head of Department in monitoring progress and evaluation of project activities including financial performances.
- Assist INGOs and SARC technical departments in developing concept notes and proposals.
- Timely and close follow up on project implementation as per the agreed procedures and in accordance with SARC procedures.
- Other responsibilities as directed by Head of Department
- Degree in the field of business administration, engineering and social sciences or equivalent in a related field;
- Minimum of 2 year experience in Project management (experience in humanitarian field is a plus)
- Strong computer, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven initiative & ability to work independently.
- Proactive communication and ability to know when to ask for help.
- Ability to develop solid partnerships and demonstrated communications skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing.
- Good knowledge and experience of project planning and implementation
The project officer will report to the Head of INGOs Dept. and work closely with the department staff, SARC technical departments, INGOs and line ministries.