The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966, which regulate the organization, work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Programme Support Officer
(Based in SARC HQ in Damascus with frequent travel around Syria)
Vacancy opening date: 11-09-2019
Vacancy closing date: 28/09/2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “Programme Support Officer”.
Any resume without subject (Programme Support Officer) will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Purpose of position: The Programme Support Officer will
- Support to the implementation of activities by the SARC Community Services Department focusing on compliance, performance of the programme and quality of community services provided.
- Act as focal point to the SARC MEAL Unit to coordinate the relevant activities in the Community Services Department
- Contribute to developing monitoring and accountability tools and ensure these are being applied systematically by the Community Services programme’s staff/volunteers in the field, analyze the outcomes, and produce quality and impact-oriented reports.
- Spend at least 30% of his/her time in the field.
- The main responsibilities of this position should be done in close coordination the Community Services Manager and the MEAL Unit at HQ, as well as with the PS Branch Coordinators, the Regional Coordinators and technical persons in the field,
- Identify gaps in M & E tools. Develop, test and adjust tools accordingly, Roll out monitoring and evaluation tools in the field. Analyze data.
- Ensure the active participation and collection of feedback from the field regarding the tools and update them on a regular basis to fulfill the requirements of SARC and partners
- Organize and conduct the necessary training for staff on the use of these tools.
- Conduct field visits on a regular basis to the different sites to ensure the compliance and the implementation of these tools.
- Review and develop the existing reporting formats to ensure the collection of the necessary data from the field together with the SARC IM responsible
- Ensure the existing software system (Concord) provides accurate data in the monthly reports from the field. Work with SARC IT to amend as required.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of the monthly reports from the Community Services –PSS branch coordinators, Centre coordinators and the Mobile team leaders and give feedback to the Technical Manager at HQ according to the yearly/monthly implementation plan.
- Work closely with the Branch coordinators to ensure that staff are getting the necessary trainings and support in a timely manner.
- Develop a timeline schedule for all the required reports for SARC and donors. Produce quality narrative reports ensuring all the necessary data for these reports is at hand, and ensure the timely and submission as required.
- Submit the first drafts of the reports to the Projects Coordinator, according to the plan, to ensure that the reports are submitted to SARC and the donors on time.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information from the field, and coordinate with the SARC IM responsible to have a comprehensive report for the Technical manager responsible for analyzing the data
- Ensure that all the outcome analysis from these data are included in the SARC yearly report
- Contribute to and support Lessons Learned and projects’ review workshops and meetings with the SARC MEAL Unit
- Support with projects planning
- Any other tasks requested by the Community Services Department Manager
- Bachelor or Masters in Social sciences, Engineering, Business, International Law, and any other relevant field
- 3 years working experience in project planning, developing an M & E framework, testing, implementing tools, reporting
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers.
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organization as staff or volunteer is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)