The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Vacancy opening date: 26/08/2019
Vacancy closing date: 31/08/2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “IT Programme Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
IT Programme Officer (based in SARC Head Quarter, Damascus, Syria)
To apply for this role, you must have a proven management background in addition to having a proven technical capability and a track record in software development combined with experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. You will be joining for a team of diverse skills and experience and the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility.
- Manage a team of developers and work on a wide range of projects.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other developers and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based and desktop-based business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Assess tests, implement new or upgraded software, and assist with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle.
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives.
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time.
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field.
Fluent In English and Arabic
- Minimum Requirements 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies.
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in the development of software using C#, .Net and SQL Server technologies
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and Oracle.
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks