Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Damascus
Posting date: – May 22, 2018
Closing date: – June 07, 2018
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the Seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Programme Coordinator”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a: Programme Coordinator
Based in Damascus with frequent travel around Syria.
The Programme Coordinator will coordinate with respective SARC departments, to facilitate the required SARC internal processes that will support the timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of PARTNER/SARC programme activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop an overall SARC action plan for the relevant PARTNER/SARC joint projects, with emphasis on National Society development activities, in coordination with relevant HQ staff;
- Facilitate and provide guidance to ensure that, for each project, objectives and activities are understood, internalized and carried out by SARC branches and HQ technical teams;
- Organize monthly project review meetings (HQ level) with PARTNER, to confirm that both financial and programme performance is on track;
- To ensure quality, timely monitoring of programme activities is undertaken, providing support to the branches and relevant staff and volunteers where needed;
- To coordinate with relevant staff and volunteers to guarantee that methodological guidelines are followed, to ensure project quality and consistency across branches/ areas of intervention (as relevant).
- In close cooperation with SARC Information Management Unit and the Reporting Officer, collate required data and information to record, update and maintain any changes to the programme implementation – and to communicate this to PARTNER in a timely manner.
- Provide regular reports to SARC HQ management team and PARTNER SCPM on all aspects of project implementation, highlighting any risks/opportunities;
- Coordinate with SARC HQ departments and branches regarding the production of all reports pertaining to the PARTNER/SARC programme activities;
- Regularly liaise with the SARC finance team, and subsequently inform PARTNER, to ensure timely financial reporting and forecasting is provided to PARTNER;
- Maintain constant formal and informal communication, including regular meetings, on the progress of the programme with the Syria Crisis Programme Coordinator (SCPM).
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with project cycle management and project management tools such as logical frameworks, work plans, budgets and forecasts, monitoring and evaluation plans and indicator tracking;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and presentations;
- Demonstrated ability and effectiveness in dealing with internal and external actors at different levels;
- Fluent in Writing and reading in English.
- An acceptable level of written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least three years successful track record of humanitarian disaster management experience, preferably within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and ideally with SARC;
- Strong level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ideally an aptitude for data analysis and database management;
- Ability to work independently, including under pressure, in an accountable and responsible manner;
- Willingness and aptitude for humanitarian field work, with availability to travel at short notice to branches and governorates across Syria, including overnight stays when required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development studies, business management or other related field.
- At least two years project management experience in the field of disaster anagement, relief, or capacity building.
- PMP certified.
- Demonstrable experience of project financial management and reporting;
- In-depth understanding of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, supported with direct personal experience.
Working base: Damascus, with regular travel to SARC branches and sub-branches as required.
Working languages: Arabic and English