Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 04/04/2018
Vacancy closing date: 15/04/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
to firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: “Procurement Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Procurement Officer Job Description
Job title: Procurement Officer.
Based in: SARC- Headquarter – Damascus
Reporting to: Procurement Manager.
About Syrian Arab Red Crescent
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, and it’s permanent and continuous, and it has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent was founded in 1942 according to the decree No/540/ 1942 and the decree No/117/ 1966 that regulating the Organization’s work.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent has been recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, SARC is committed to Geneva Conventions and the seven basic principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
SARC has a headquarters in Damascus and fourteen branches in the fourteen governorates of Syria, and 75 of sub branches.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service, which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Advise and support SARC staff in procurements and supplier relationships helping to drive better procurement practice
- Support the Procurement Manager in procurement activities such as the tender process, grant requirements, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services
- Assist in the development of internal procedures and documentation
- Assist the team in managing commercial and reputational risks in its relations with external suppliers
- Assist some teams with purchases and order enquiries
- Ensure purchases are properly approved in terms of SARC published authority levels and purchases are raised using the electronic purchase-to-pay system
- Providing procurement support as directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Assisting in and supervising the procurement of goods and services and other procurement activities as directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in grant specific requirements and best practice overseas procurement.
- Administering supplier contracts.
- Leading and monitoring supplier relationships.
- Assisting in the implementation of supplier contracts.
- Liaising with the Procurement Manager in areas of commercial or reputational risk.
- Assisting in the development of internal procedures and documentation.
- Assisting in the ordering of key supplies and acting as a purchaser for some teams.
- Helping to drive better procurement practice across SARC.
- Communicating opportunities to achieve better value for money through better procurement practices
- Any other procurement or buying requirements as requested by the Procurement Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor degree preferably in (Business Administration or Marketing).
- At least 1-2 years working experience in Procurement field.
- Good written and spoken Arabic, English, and ability to produce reports in both languages.
- Very good communication skills & Teamwork.
- Computer literacy in MS office, word and Excel.
- Flexible with outdoor & ability to travel inside the country when needed.
- Familiar with the procedures followed in tenders and contracting.