The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966, which regulate the organization, work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Planning Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer (PMEL Officer)
(Based in SARC HQ in Damascus with frequent travel around Syria)
Vacancy opening date: 09-12-2018
Vacancy closing date: 22/12/2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To email@example.com E-mail,
Subject “PMEL Officer”.
Any resume without subject (PMEL Officer) will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Purpose of position: To develop all the monitoring and evaluation tools for Community Services, prepare analysis reports. S/he will be based in SARC HQ. It is estimated that the
PMEL officer will spend at least 30% of his/her time in the field.
- The main responsibilities of this position should be done in close coordination with the PS Branch Coordinators, the Projects Coordinators and the technical persons in the field and at HQ.
- Develop all necessary monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Ensure the active participation and collection of feedback from the field regarding the tools and update them on a regular basis to fulfill the requirements of SARC and partners
- Organize and conduct the necessary training for staff on the use of these tools.
- Conduct field visits on a regular basis to the different sites to ensure the compliance and the implementation of these tools.
- Review and develop the existing reporting formats to ensure the collection of the necessary data from the field together with the SARC IM responsible
- Ensure the existing software system (Concord) provides accurate data in the monthly reports from the field. Work with SARC IT to amend as required.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of the monthly reports from the Community Services –PSS branch coordinators, Centre coordinators and the Mobile team leaders and give feedback to the Technical Manager at HQ according to the yearly/monthly implementation plan.
- Work closely with the Branch coordinators to ensure that staff are getting the necessary trainings and support in a timely manner.
- Develop a timeline schedule for all the required reports either by the donors or SARC, and ensure that the necessary data for these reports are in hand.
- Submit the first drafts of the reports to the Projects Coordinator, according to the plan, to ensure that the reports are submitted to the donors and to SARC on time.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information from the field, and coordinate with the SARC IM responsible to have a comprehensive report for the Technical manager responsible for analyzing the data
- Ensure that all the outcome analysis from these data are included in the SARC yearly report
- Support with Lesson Learning and projects’ review workshops and meetings
- Support with projects planning
- Any other tasks requested by the Technical Manager
- Bachelor or Masters in Social sciences, Engineering, Business, International Law, and any other relevant field
- 3 years working experience in the field of PMEL (project planning, developing an M & E framework, testing, implementing tools, reporting)
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and volunteers.
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent or other humanitarian organization as staff or volunteer is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, PPT, Excel)