SYRIAN ARAB RED CRESCENT (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Physiotherapy Technical Adviser SARC HQ
Position title: Physiotherapy Technical Adviser (part-time/full-time)
Reports to: SARC Medical Director
Based in: SARC HQ in Damascus or a health clinic with visits to SARC Physiotherapy Centres
Purpose: To provide technical advice, quality assurance and oversight in planning, implementing, and monitoring of SARC work on Physiotherapy, Disability and People with Special Needs, with a special focus on supporting SARC Physiotherapy-PSS Centres.
The tasks should include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Provide effective technical guidance, input and formulation of physiotherapy standard operating procedures, guidelines, minimum standards, specifications for equipment in SARC facilities and mobile teams in coordination with PRP focal point.
- Support the outreach teams in establishing treatment plans for patients.
- Assess the physiotherapy needs in different geographical areas to identify priority areas for intervention.
- Identify learning needs, develop training curricula and organize training and workshops to strengthen capacity of SARC staff and volunteers within the fields of Physiotherapy, Disability and People with Special Needs.
- Collaborate with SARC Health Department and Physiotherapy Centre coordinators in the recruitment and orientation of staff.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of minimum standards for therapy practice as per SARC/MOH standards.
- Ensure physiotherapists and other physiotherapy centre staff and outreach teams carry out his/her duties in accordance with ethical standards and following SARC SOPs.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the physiotherapy centres to supervise and support physiotherapists and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and analyze HIS data to ensure accurate reporting and analysis in collaboration with SARC HIS Officer.
- Submit regular reports and statistics to the Medical Director for decision making and donor reporting from SARC physiotherapy centers.
- Collaborate with the EU Project Coordinator in preparing and implementing project work plans, assessments, evaluations and reviews of SARC physiotherapy activities.
- Work closely with SARC communication team to promote activities related to physiotherapy, disability and people with special needs.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with relevant partners supporting Physical Rehabilitation
- Participate in external meetings as delegated by SARC Medical Director.
- Liaise with other Physical Rehabilitation service providers, as required, in order to facilitate the establishment of referral systems between SARC, ICRC and other actors.
- Follow developments at the Physical Rehabilitation working group of the Health cluster or possible National Programme on Disability (MoH).
- Detailed work plan will be reviewed biannually.
- Medical Doctor with a Specialisation in Physiotherapy
- At least 2-3 years working experience in the field of Physiotherapy, some experience with Disability and Special Needs issues
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Curriculum development, training and capacity building skills
- Experience in working as staff or volunteer for the Red Cross/Red Crescent or another humanitarian organisation preferred
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English and ability to produce reports in both languages
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, flexible, resilient.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Excel, Word)
Deadline to apply: 26-02-2018
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references) to email@example.com, email subject: “Physiotherapy Technical Adviser”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.