SYRIAN ARAB RED CRESCENT (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Posting date: – Jan 29, 2019
Closing date: – Feb 09, 2019
Position title: Physiotherapy Specialist full-time.
Reports to: PRP Focal point.
Based in: SARC HQ in Damascus with visits to SARC Physiotherapy Centres
Purpose: To provide technical expertise, quality assurance and support in planning, implementing, and monitoring of SARC work on Physiotherapy, Disability and People with Special Needs, with a special focus on supporting SARC Physiotherapy Centres.
The tasks should include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Provide effective technical guidance, input and formulation of physiotherapy standard operating procedures, guidelines, minimum standards, specifications for equipment in SARC facilities and mobile teams in coordination with PRP focal point.
- Assess the physiotherapy needs in different geographical areas to identify priority areas for intervention.
- Take responsibility for resource management, and provide feedback to management.
- Identify learning needs, participate in organizing training and workshops to strengthen capacity of SARC staff and volunteers within the fields of Physiotherapy, Disability and People with Special Needs.
- Collaborate with SARC Health Department and Physiotherapy Centre coordinators in the recruitment and orientation of staff.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of minimum standards for therapy practice as per SARC/MOH standards.
- Ensure physiotherapists and other physiotherapy centre staff and mobile teams carry out his/her duties in accordance with ethical standards and following SARC SOPs.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the physiotherapy centres to supervise and support physiotherapists and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and analyse HIS data to ensure accurate reporting and analysis in collaboration with SARC HIS Officer.
- Submit regular reports and statistics to the PRP Focal point and Medical Director for decision-making and timely donor reporting from SARC physiotherapy centres.
- Collaborate with PRP focal point and EU project Country Delegate preparing and implementing project work plans, assessments, evaluations and reviews of SARC physiotherapy activities.
- Work closely with SARC communication team to promote activities related to physiotherapy, disability and people with special needs.
- Participate in external meetings as delegated by SARC Medical Director.
- Liaise with other Physical Rehabilitation service providers, as required, in order to facilitate the establishment of referral systems between SARC, ICRC and other actors.
- Follow developments at the Physical Rehabilitation working group of the Health cluster or possible National Programme on Disability (MoH).
- Carry out practical arrangements of monitoring visits, trainings and workshops related to physiotherapy.
- Detailed work plan will be reviewed biannually.
- Degree in Physiotherapy (from the college or equal degree)
- At least 5 years working experience in the field of Physiotherapy, some experience with Disability and Special Needs issues
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected).
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail