SYRIAN ARAB RED CRESCENT SOCIETY (SARC)
SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Reporting to: SARC Medical Director
Location: SARC National Headquarters/ Damascus
Purpose of position
The personal assistant (PA) will work in a fast- paced environment, giving high-level of flexible administrative and secretarial support to the Medical Director. The PA will be part of the health team at SARC Headquarters.
Provide general secretarial and administration support to SARC Medical Directors (MD)
- Answer & screen face- to- face enquiries as delegated by SARC/MD.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence, both paper and electronic, ensuring prioritization and taking appropriate action.
- Organize external/ internal meetings and minutes taking including making presentations
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD Ensuring that filing and data is kept in accordance with SARC regulations
- Ensure stationery acquisition and office equipment for SARC Health Department
- Carry out routine administrative duties like photocopying and filing etc.
- Manage the electronic diary for SARC/MD and liaising with internal and external contacts as appropriate
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Liaise with relevant departments in making appointments and arranging travel and accommodation
- Maintaining appropriate confidentiality in all aspects of the duties required of the role
- To be involved in supporting projects as directed by the Medical Director
- Degree in Business administration, additional qualification in health is an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar position
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English and ability to produce reports in both languages
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, Excel, internet and email
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- highly motivated, confident individual with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Able to exhibit confidentiality, discretion, tact, diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with directors or senior managers.
- Good understanding of Director level responsibilities and communication channels
- Able to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workload in a demanding team environment.
- Proactive, solution-focused, team-worker, flexible, resilient.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent fundamental principles.
- Promote principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- Understand and demonstrate accountability to the population reached by the services, and to donors.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by SARC Medical Director.
Deadline to apply: 09/11/2017
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: “Application: Personal Assistant – SARC HQ”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete files or applications in a language other than English will be rejected.