The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is a humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Title Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (2 positions)
Department Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Unit (MEAL)
Location SARC Headquarters in Damascus
Summary of Job Description The Monitoring and Evaluation officers will provide technical support to SARC programs and operations in strengthening and systematizing their planning, monitoring and evaluation and accountability processes and tools as well as data collection and analysis processes to enhance the quality of SARC programming and activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities
Support the implementation of relevant monitoring and evaluation systems
- In collaboration with all relevant SARC departments, develop monitoring and evaluation plans and processes as well as data collection tools and key performance indicators to measure programming impact and relevance.
- In collaboration with SARC, develop standardized data collection tools such as (but not limited to) post-distribution monitoring surveys, feedback questionnaires, checklists and related guidelines to standardized data collection processes and provide SARC and partners with recommendations and lessons to improve programming.
- Provide technical support in the development of project/program plans
Monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate with all relevant SARC departments and teams to develop and update program/project monitoring plans in line with SARC overall M&E strategy.
- Provide support to SARC teams to ensure appropriate data collection against agreed indicators.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to program sites, validate the information being collected and provide support as needed to the collection of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide support in analysing the data collected from the different programs to provide recommendations and lessons learned to improve programming impact.
- Provide feedback to all relevant parties on program performance based on data findings.
- Provide technical input to SARC department and management as required.
- Ensure quality of data collected.
- Provide technical support in designing, coordinating and conducting program evaluations and programs data review.
- In collaboration with all relevant teams and department, provide technical support to ensure the systematic collection of success stories, case studies and examples of good practice.
Learning and accountability
- Provide technical support to all relevant SARC departments to strengthen beneficiaries feedback mechanisms.
- Support SARC departments and teams to increase their understanding and knowledge of M&E methodologies, processes and tools to ensure the establishment of an efficient system.
- Provide technical support to trainings and workshops conducted by SARC and partners as needed.
- Ensure all relevant teams are trained on the use of standardised data collection tools to ensure quality of data collected.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in social science or any other relevant field.
- Previous humanitarian experience with the Red Cross, UN or NGOs is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Excellent understanding of program cycle management and results based management principles including developing implementation and monitoring plans.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.). Knowledge of SPSS and data analysis software is an asset.
- Experience in data collection and management is an asset.
- Ability to travel on short notice, including overnight stay when required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible and autonomous manner.
- Ability to represent SARC externally with different stakeholder; cultural sensitivity and awareness and mandatory.
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross Movement is preferred.
- Field work experience in data collection is an asset.
Required languages :Proficiency in English and Arabic is required.
Deadline for applying: 22-06-2017
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to email their motivation letter and CV in English only to the following email address with the subject used (MEAL officer):
only short-listed candidates will be contacted