The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organisation of public utility, is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organisation’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit a:
Monitoring, Evaluation Officers
based in SARC HQ and branches
Purpose of employment:
The MEAL officer will work with SARC team at all levels and with partners to ensure a well-coordinated and systematic approach to collecting and analysis programme Monitoring, Evaluation to beneficiaries and improve the quality of SARC’s programming.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation system
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans for services provided.
- Work with volunteers to create a common understanding of the objectives of monitoring and evaluation, as well as elements necessary for the establishment of an efficient system.
- In collaboration with SARC HQ roll out required MEAL tools (including post-distribution monitoring, surveys, monitoring checklists, report formats) and guidelines related to beneficiary feedback to better inform branches and HQ at programmatic level and also to support SARC’s partners M&E needs.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to program sites, validate the information being collected, and support volunteers in the collection of information.
- Work with managers to ensure findings from on-going monitoring, specific reviews, and other sources of information are used to adapt the program as needed.
- Work with field teams to document success stories, case studies, and examples of good practice.
Required skills and work experience:
- Educated to university undergraduate degree level in social sciences or other relevant field
- Previous humanitarian experience with Red Cross Red Crescent, INGOs, or UN is preferred
- Ability to speak and write well in both English and Arabic
- Good understanding of project cycle management, including developing implementation plans and monitoring systems and ensuring project activities are implemented to a high standard in a timely and professional manner
- Strong level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ideally an understanding of data and database management
- Experience of monitoring progress of planned programmes and reporting on programme activities in a timely and professional manner
- Experience working with communities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent SARC externally with different stakeholders; cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner
- Ability to provide Arabic-English translation and interpretation services as requested
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is preferred
- Willingness and aptitude for humanitarian field work, and availability to travel at short notice to branches and governorates across SARC, including overnight stays when required.
- MILITARY SERVICES DUTY COMPLETE D
Working languages: Arabic and English
Deadline for applying: 22-01-2017
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to email their motivation letter and CV in English only to the following email address with the subject used (MEAL officer):
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Incomplete file or application in a language other than English will be rejected