The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, it is permanent and continuous, and has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
SARC was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 which regulate the Organization’s work. It was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946 and is committed to upholding the Geneva Conventions and the Seven Fundamental Principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies.
Posting date: 24–Oct-2019
Closing date: 02-Nov-2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “Livelihoods Field Officer”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Description – Livelihoods Field Officer
- Position Title: Livelihoods Field Officer
- Objective: To ensure the effective and efficient project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Livelihoods Field Officer will manage the project as per directions of Red Cross Movement approach for project designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. He will follow the approved project proposal document and coordinate the work at a community grass root level.
- Reporting to:
- The Livelihoods Field Officer reports to the Livelihoods Officer
- The Livelihoods Field Officer will be tasked by Livelihoods Coordinator and by the Movement Livelihoods Delegate as required
- Facilitate relations between SARC and the local communities in the realization of projects objectives.
- Awareness raising and community mobilization.
- Beneficiaries identification and selection
- Monitoring and supporting project implementation at field level
- Comply with the SARC financial and administrative procedures and financial requirements.
- Support external evaluation missions.
- Support beneficiary’s identification and selection processes together with SARC Branch Livelihoods Teams.
- Active participation to field assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, monitoring)
- Assist in the registration of Syrian families at SARC branch level, working closely with SARC Branch Livelihoods Teams to ensure data is collected and is recorded within the livelihoods programming to be implemented
- Make field arrangements for planned visits to project locations
- Assist Livelihoods Coordinator and Livelihoods Manager in the preparation of all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the livelihoods project;
- Assist SARC Branch Livelihoods Teams in coordinating activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Livelihoods Officer
- Organize and support running of livelihoods activities in the branches.
- Follow up with SARC Branch Livelihoods Teams the complains from the beneficiaries and communities and keep a record of them
- Assist in the facilitation of trainings for SARC staff and volunteers and beneficiaries when needed
- Assist to set up a clear beneficiary follow-up mechanisms and ensures that appropriate follow-ups are made to support beneficiary.
- Assist to compile and submit regular project updates
- Provide Arabic-English translation/interpretation support to the Movement Livelihoods Delegate, and other administrative, organisational and bureaucratic support as required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
Required skills and working experience
- Educated to university undergraduate degree level, in Social Science, Economics or related field
- Experience working on similar humanitarian programmes
- Knowledge of the branch and governorate
- Ability to speak and write well in English and Arabic
- An understanding of monitoring and reporting
- Experience communicating with beneficiaries
- Good level of computer skills including email and internet use
- Experience in training people
- An understanding of basic administration, finance and logistics
- Provide translation and interpretation services as requested
- Knowledge of the RCRC Movement
- Willing to travel to SARC Branches as required
- Good time management skills and works well in a team
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different level
- Must be able to execute tasks in a responsible, reliable and sincere manner
- Previous exposure to international humanitarian standards including the Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct and Fundamental Principles, and understanding of the importance of accountability to beneficiaries is an advantage.