The Syrian Arab Red Crescent(SARC) is an independent humanitarian organization of public utility, it is permanent and continuous, and it has a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent was founded in 1942 according to the decrees No/540/ 1942 and No/117/ 1966 regulating the Organization’s work.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent has been recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva (ICRC) in 1946, SARC is committed to Geneva Conventions and the seven basic principles of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent is seeking to recruit
Project Title: SARC Livelihoods programming:
Position Title: Livelihoods CoordinatorObjective: To ensure the effective and efficient project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Livelihoods Officer will manage the project as per directions of Red Cross Movement approach for project designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- The Livelihoods Coordinator reports to the SARC Assistant Director General –(SARC management’s livelihoods focal point)
- The Livelihoods Coordinator will be tasked by SARC management and by the Movement Livelihoods Delegate as required
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with and support the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement Livelihoods Delegate, and in close coordination with SARC management, to support all aspects of the livelihoods file for SARC
- Internally coordinate, manage and ensure coherence of all livelihoods-related activities between SARC headquarters and branches (in particular with branch-level livelihoods focal points), and (in close coordination with the SARC social programmes team) with SARC-supported counselling, advisory and vocational training centres delivering livelihoods-related support
- Support and facilitate appropriate and relevant training and capacity building of SARC staff and volunteers involved in supporting livelihoods activities
- Support the development and implementation of livelihoods pilot proposals designed and implemented by SARC branches,
- Support monitoring, and after action reviews/rapid impact evaluations of pilot projects undertaken in order to identify lessons learned – and with a view to potential scale up if deemed appropriate by SARC management
- Support, facilitate, and eventually lead internal livelihoods-related coordination – with SARC management at headquarters, SARC livelihoods focal points at branch level and in SARC centres delivering vocational training, ICRC EcoSec Coordinator and area-based delegates and staff, and other Movement representatives as appropriate
- Support, facilitate, and eventually lead external livelihoods-related coordination – representing SARC in coordination meetings with key stakeholders such as the Early Recovery and Livelihoods Sector, the Food Security and Agriculture Sector, SARC partner INGOs, UN agencies, relevant Government of Syria line ministry representatives, and others as required – fostering co-operative alliances where appropriate
- Coordinate and contribute reporting, including minutes of meetings, monthly updates on SARC livelihoods activities, and other reporting as required
- Manage a beneficiary registration system for delivery and monitoring of livelihoods support to identified target groups
- Attend and provide progress reports to the Movement Livelihoods Steering Committee on a regular basis
- Provide Arabic-English translation/interpretation support to the Movement Livelihoods Delegate, and other administrative, organisational and bureaucratic support as required.
Required skills and work experience:
- Educated to university undergraduate degree level in a relevant field
- Ability to speak and write well in both English and Arabic
- Understanding – and ideally prior experience – of livelihoods concepts and programming
- Good understanding of project cycle management,
- Strong level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.) and ideally an understanding of data and database management
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent SARC externally with different stakeholders; cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Strong presentation skills, and capacity to deliver appropriate and relevant trainings to a target audience
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a responsible manner
- Ability to provide Arabic-English translation and interpretation services as requested
- Good time management skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation letter and CV in English to the following address:
Address: Shakib Arslan Street, Abu Rummaneh, Damascus- Syria.
Post Title: Livelihoods Coordinator
Incomplete file or Application in other language than English will be rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.