SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 05/08/2019
Vacancy closing date: 20/08/2019
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “INFORMATION MANAGEMENT REPORTING SPECIALIST”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus with frequent field visit in designated region
The information management reporting Specialist shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times.
This position is part of SARC HQ Information Management structure and reports directly to Information Management Manager.
Occasionally, the position may include travels inside and outside the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that SARC IM coordinators in the branches have the means and tools to carry out their responsibilities and are supported to provide timely and comprehensive data and information as expected by HQ and partners.
- Work closely with IM infographic and GIS team members to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation on graphs and maps. (Experience with graphics and visualization tools: Adobe creative cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and GIS will be an added value.
- Keep constant coordination with SARC partners in relation with current and new developments in their requirements related to effective narrative briefings and reports.
- Develop a reporting framework for SARC, in close collaboration with the PPSU and SARC partners, that properly reflect the needs of the organization and the scope of the programmes.
- Develop reporting templates for SARC programmes and operations, based on realistic delivery of products.
- Provide guidance and develop focused manuals for SARC programmes for narrative reporting. On the job coaching and focused trainings may also be required.
- Collect, clean, process, and analyze data, information and technical reports from from SARC programmes/interventions, on implementation and achievement of indicators in all sectors in order to facilitate the preparation of donor reports.
- Develop consolidated reports for partners based upon the reporting framework and agreed upong requirements.
- Elaborates presentations and executive summaries to be shared with different stakeholders.
- Supports assessment/monitoring teams in drafting reports including relevant conclusions and recommendations.
- Elaborates desk review of existing reports and makes suggestion on general reporting improvements.
- Proven analytical skills: ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions. Strong negotiation skills: ability to lead and gain assistance of others in a team endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to reach agreement. Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a range of issues/ problems.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, access, power point, and relevant software packages, including e-mail. (graphics and visualization will be an added value).
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum information, making and defending recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant university degree
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Experience setting up, managing and coordinating disaster management information flow.
- Proven leadership and management skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Proven skills in report writing and drafting both in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks.
- Meticulous with details.
- Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write and type effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Initiative, independence and sound judgment, maturity and team spirit, service-oriented, problem solving and action- oriented, with excellent drafting, reporting and communications skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with e-mail programmers (MS Outlook), Internet search engines and responsible virus-free Internet usage
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, strong integrity.
Fluent in both oral and written English and Arabic.