SARC is a leading humanitarian organization in Syria, working in emergency health and first aid, primary health care, humanitarian assistance/relief, water and sanitation, and protection.
Vacancy opening date: 24/10/2020
Vacancy closing date: 31/10/2020
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete files in English (CV, motivation letter, and references and must be Word file or PDF file only, otherwise will be rejected)
To firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail,
Subject “INFORMATION MANAGEMENT DATA ANALYSIS SPECIALIST”.
Any resume without subject will be automatically rejected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT DATA ANALYSIS SPECIALIST
Location: SARC HQ in Damascus Abu Remaneh with frequent field visit in designated region
The information management Data Analysis specialist shares the values of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and ensures adherence to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement at all times.
This position is part of SARC HQ Information Management structure and reports directly to Information Management Manager.
Occasionally, the position may include travels inside and outside the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that SARC IM coordinators in the branches have the means and tools to carry out their responsibilities and are supported to provide timely and comprehensive data and information as expected by HQ and partners.
- In close collaboration with SARC programs and operations, support the design and development of analysis frameworks, data collection frameworks, surveys and check for reliability of data within SARC and the crisis context.
- Set and test the final products, together with all relevant departments.
- Coordinate with database admin and data collection officer to assess information flow.
- Coordinate with MEAL officers for IM analysis support and information exchange processes.
- Together with the data collection specialist, support programmes managers to ensure that sufficient data is collected regularly for project decision making and reporting.
- Explore the data and context latest news to provide real time answers helping the decision making process.
- Working with primary data sets (cyclic activities data sets, assessments, observations)
- Meticulously follow the information flows related to SARC beneficiaries, distributions of relief items, warehouses stock movements, emergency and basic health, water and sanitation, and protection; and record data available.
- Prepare statistical analysis for different purposes (situation reports), project based studies and assessment needs, and project evaluation.
- Prepare rapid operational assessment reports for emergency response team.
- Work closely with IM infographic and GIS team members to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation on graphs and maps.
- Report to IM manager for any other duties necessary and overall achievement of objectives.
- Proven analytical skills: ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions. Strong negotiation skills: ability to lead and gain assistance of others in a team endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to reach agreement. Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a range of issues/ problems.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, access, MS-projects or Trello, SPSS, and relevant software packages, including e-mail.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum information, making and defending recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree and/or equivalent experience with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: sociology, psychology, economy, mathematics, statistics.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven experience in descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Experience in design of complex processes for humanitarian organizations.
- Experience in humanitarian programme management.
- Committed to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Proven leadership and management skills and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks.
- Meticulous with details.
- Skills in monitoring and reporting both in Arabic and English. Solid and tested analytical skills and ability to write and type effectively in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Initiative, independence and sound judgment, maturity and team spirit, service-oriented, problem solving and action-oriented, with excellent drafting, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with e-mail programmers (MS Outlook), Internet search engines and responsible virus-free Internet usage. GIS skills are an asset.
- Proactive, solution-focused, decisive, accountable, team-worker, strong integrity.
Proficiency in both oral and written English and Arabic.
PS: Syrian Arab Red Crescent Does Not Provide Any Transportations For Employees.